Marlington High School is a public school located in Alliance, OH. It has 804 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 70% in reading.
Marlington High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B89 Students
- B-71 Students
- A+65 Students
- B51 Students
- A-36 Students
- B29 Students
- C+28 Students
- C+24 Students
- B-23 Students
- B23 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 29 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like Marlington High School
- B-West Branch High School
- West Branch Local School District, OH
- 83 reviews
- C+Rootstown High School - Davis Building
- Rootstown Local School District, OH
- 65 reviews
- BPerry High School
- Perry Local School District (Massillon), OH
- 119 reviews
- B-Minerva High School
- Minerva Local School District, OH
- 102 reviews
Marlington High School Reviews
Well, Marlington High School was like most rural public schools I've been to. Being an old school, the utilities and structures were alarmingly outdated. The water was not clean, the roof leaked, and I'm pretty sure asbestos was still being used. The school doesn't have a lot of money so the programs were pretty low key, excluding football of course. The teachers were the only redeeming aspect considering they were connected to the community, passionate, and willing to work there for a lowly salary. If the community gave it the money it desperately needs it would be more impressive of an institution.
I love Marlington because everyone is so helpful and understanding. I have went to marlington for four years now and have participated in everything from link crew, teens against cancer, character counts, varsity volleyball, student council and interact.
I have really liked my time at Marlington High School! I like that Marlington provides College Credit Plus classes to get us prepared for college. All the teachers are really nice and are really hardworking to make sure we have a good time at school. Go Dukes!