Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Marlette Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Marlette, MI. It has 385 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 23% of students are at least proficient in math and 31% in reading.
Marlette Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B58 Students
- B42 Students
- B-40 Students
- B39 Students
- B-33 Students
- B+31 Students
- A31 Students
- A+24 Students
- B-18 Students
- B-17 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like Marlette Junior/Senior High School
- B-North Branch High School
- North Branch Area Schools, MI
- 139 reviews
- C-Mayville High School
- Mayville Community School District, MI
- 55 reviews
- C+Kingston High School
- Kingston Community School District, MI
- 58 reviews
- C+Brown City High School
- Brown City Community Schools, MI
- 87 reviews
Marlette Junior/Senior High School Reviews
What I liked about my high school was that even though the education system wasn't the most effective, the teachers had heart and many of them were not only our teachers, but they were like family as well. Many of my favorite teachers from high school were like parent figures to me and I could come to them with not only school issues, but issues outside of school. I always felt as ease at school because I've always loved learning so school has always been a second home to me. Marlette has been my home since birth and I am forever grateful. Likewise, there should be some changes though. I believe they should offer more diverse classes. They should also focus on non-bullying tactics.
It's a small town school. There's a lot of "generational students" who parents and grandparents were born and bred here. Sports are taken very seriously, our band does very well but its small.
I think the learning would be better if less teachers left, or they didn't give you one teacher a semester and then change your teacher the second because every teacher teaches differently.