Marlboro County High School is a public, magnet school located in Bennettsville, SC. It has 1,132 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 40% of students are at least proficient in math and 55% in reading.
Marlboro County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-176 Students
- A153 Students
- B135 Students
- B+98 Students
- B+91 Students
- C+81 Students
- B-78 Students
- A76 Students
- B-65 Students
- B64 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.22 responses
Marlboro County High School Reviews
I enjoyed my experience at Marlboro County High School. The guidance counselors were very helpful and informative about different scholarships available for college. They also gave me the opportunity to be a dual enrollment student with Northeastern Technical College to help me get a headstart on getting ahead in college while saving money.
Marlboro County High School is a relatively small school that would be very more successful if the staff was open to change. Things were the same or worst compared to when I started and graduated. We had a new principal every year because "the job wasn't being taken care of." I feel like they fail to realize seeing a positive change is going to take time. The best principal isn't going to get the school above average standards in one year. They need new ideas and minds leading the students. The opportunities are there but the students need better guidance. Being in college this first year showed me how much I really missed out on at Marlboro. I knew we weren't privileged as other schools, but I had no idea it was as bad as it really is,
Attending this school for four years has taught me a lot. It taught me the meaning of family and the meaning of hard work. Even though other people think this school is bad or "dangerous", I can personally say that i'm so happy my four years was spent here.