Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyC-
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Marlboro County High School is a public, magnet school located in Bennettsville, SC. It has 980 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Marlboro County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-219 Students
- A197 Students
- B183 Students
- B+125 Students
- B+122 Students
- C+112 Students
- B-110 Students
- A104 Students
- B95 Students
- B-88 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 41 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Marlboro County High School Reviews
Marlboro County High School is a very warm welcoming school. Our students and staff make sure that everyone is included and no one is left out. I love how we as a school always come together in times of need or fun. Marlboro County may be small, but our hearts are big. We let no losses bring us down and we help those who fall. I truly believe that the staff here at Marlboro County High School always puts effort in helping the students become college and career ready. I am proud to say that I will be graduating from Marlboro County High School and will forever in my heart be a Marlboro County Bulldog!
Marlboro County High School offers a variety of academic and athletic experiences. I believe that upon completion of my studies there, I will be more than ready to take on my next level of education. In a small community and the high school that my parents graduated from, there is lots of love that can be found all over the school. From the office staff to the cafeteria staff to the teaching and coaching staff, they are all trying to produce lifelong learners and global leaders. I love my high school!
The teachers actually care and want to really help you achieve your goal to graduate. Some of the teachers are really nice and some are just a little rude. Marlboro county high school is like one big happy family. We help each other out in situations, and we all would love to see each other succeed and graduate.