Marlboro Central High School is an above average, public school located in Marlboro, NY. It has 602 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Marlboro Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B68 Students
- A-50 Students
- B+43 Students
- A-42 Students
- A+39 Students
- C35 Students
- A+32 Students
- A30 Students
- A-29 Students
- B29 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 23 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Schools like Marlboro Central High School
- B+Wallkill Senior High School
- Wallkill Central School District, NY
- 124 reviews
- A-Washingtonville Senior High School
- Washingtonville Central School District, NY
- 427 reviews
- AArlington High School
- Arlington Central School District, NY
- 586 reviews
- BFranklin D. Roosevelt Senior High School
- Hyde Park Central School District, NY
- 209 reviews
Marlboro Central High School Reviews
The assistant principal does all the work and should be the principal. The current principal, Lawler, has no business being a principal. It's hit-or-miss with the teachers. You could get the worst or the best. The students themselves are very stuck-up and talk about each other behind their backs. It's like a crappy teen drama here- seriously. The school spends millions of dollars on their precious football field every year. Meanwhile, academic and after school programs are getting cut every year. In the beginning of April, the school already ran out of money and is now raising taxes (again) even though there are more people moving here and more homes being built.
When I entered Marlboro High School I realized that I didn’t fit in with my classmates because they kneweachother all since kindergarten but looking back my senior year a lot has changed. There are alot more new students each year which allowed for more diversity and chances to make new friends, that made school and clubs feel more welcoming and free to just join even though you are not the same race as all the other students. The academics at Marlboro High School give you lots of readiness for college by giving you options to enroll in AP and college courses. By taking the college courses you earn college credits at a cheaper price than taking the course at a New York State college or university. Student culture is not our strong point because it is very hard for my classmates to work together and built something. Overall I think as this small town school grows bigger it will only increase all variables that make a school excellent.
Marlboro Central High School offers one of the greatest sports programs in the entire hudson valley. Where they lack in diversity they make up for in sporting contests. The entire school is practically surrounded by their success as fierce competitors in a Class B, Section 9 school.