Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Marked Tree High School is a public school located in Marked Tree, AR. It has 148 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 8 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Marked Tree High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B89 Students
- A-62 Students
- B51 Students
- B-37 Students
- B-35 Students
- C+32 Students
- B+30 Students
- B29 Students
- B-26 Students
- B-21 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.3 responses
Schools like Marked Tree High School
Marked Tree High School Reviews
Marked Tree High School has a lot of good teachers, and honestly, this isn't a bad school. Marked Tree is a smaller community so the school works with what they've got. Right now, Marked Tree is paying to get the school remodeled into a brand new school! Marked Tree is changing and adapting to students needs on a regular basis. Overall, Marked Tree High School team and staff think about the people they're in charge of, and put us first.
What I like about Marked Tree is that learning and safety if the school's #1 priority. They put learning above everything else, which is what school is for. Most schools will let you play sports and do extra activities with low grades. Marked Tree will not let you go extra activities while failing a class. Safety is very important to the school also. With the school about to go under construction in the next 2 months, they have everything planned out for every students safety. From the beginning of the day to the end you see our principal Ms.Kim Smith, walking through the halls and checking on classes. Also, sometimes you will see our superintendent Coach Wright walking through the halls putting smiles on every students face. The school has the best teacher faculty that we could ever ask for. Each teacher goes beyond their points to make sure the students meet the requirements that they need for the following years.
I liked that the classes were easy but I feel that the teachers could have worked harder to get students involved. I feel like if the administration put as much effort into academics as they do into football and trying to hide all the code violations when it's time for state to come by they could be the best school on a global scale.