Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Mark Twain Senior High School is a public school located in Center, MO. It has 210 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 25% of students are at least proficient in math and 35% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-29 Students
- C+22 Students
- B+21 Students
- B19 Students
- B19 Students
- B-13 Students
- C+10 Students
- B+10 Students
- C9 Students
- C7 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Mark Twain Senior High School Reviews
They have little to no AP classes, no language classes, the building doesn’t look the nicest (there are exposed wires on the ceiling), the track is just gravel, which messes up your ankles and knees. Some of the teachers and faculty are just awful. There are a few who are not educated in the field of which they teach. Some teachers also just don’t care. There are, however, some amazing teachers here. The sports activities are average, and the music department is fairly good. The food is average, but decent compared to some. There is some slight bullying and the school itself is made up of “cliques”. I do feel that they do not challenge the students enough academically. I was bored most of the time because the subjects were bland. The friendships I made here were what got me through it all. Some of the students here are questionable though.
What I like about Mark Twain is that it is a small school. You don't have to have a map to navigate the building, you know everyone in you graduating class, you almost know every one in the school. I love that with the smaller school the teachers have more time for each student to help you with any thing you may need. The thing I do not like about the school is because of the small size they are not able to offer a wide variety of classes, clubs, and sports. Overall though I would say it is a great school.
I went to Mark Twain for all four years of high school. I dreaded going to high school back in junior high, but this high school was something different. The community is a very close knit group and will help support each other, especially when it comes to sports. I always felt safe at school. When I was in school there wasn't too much bullying other than a few incidences here and there. Our teachers where all well educated and no matter what class I took, I always took away something from the curriculum. Some teachers prepared me more for college more than others, but that is expected. Also, they need to get students ready for the real world of paying bills, credit scores, and loans. Almost every teacher did a very poor job in that aspect of schooling. On the other hand, I know some classes shouldn't include that material, but I still think it is important. Over all Mark Twain's community is really what makes it shine.