Mark T. Sheehan High School is an above average, public school located in Wallingford, CT. It has 820 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Mark T. Sheehan High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A141 Students
- B-107 Students
- B97 Students
- B-67 Students
- B54 Students
- B-52 Students
- A+48 Students
- B-37 Students
- B-33 Students
- B-32 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 50 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.32 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.36 responses
Schools like Mark T. Sheehan High School
- B+Lyman Hall High School
- Wallingford School District, CT
- 229 reviews
- B+Oxford High School
- Oxford School District, CT
- 154 reviews
- BNorth Branford High School
- North Branford School District, CT
- 138 reviews
- A-North Haven High School
- North Haven School District, CT
- 229 reviews
Mark T. Sheehan High School Reviews
Mark T Sheehan is a place where I’ve grown immensely. Being a student here has taught me the readiness I will need for college, along with giving me the skills needed for when I am out in the real world. My teachers have inspired me to become a future educator as well! Mark T Sheehan is not just a school, but a home.
Mark T. Sheehan allowed me to find my inner self through its incredible faculty. There were many warmhearted and encouraging teachers, librarians, and proffesionals. Despite there being a lack of respect or friendliness amongst some teachers and students, Sheehan still brought me joy and success. The sports teams, clubs, and extra curriculars brought out the character hidden within the very foundation the school was built upon. I believe with certain critique, Mark T. Sheehan has the potential to be one of the best high schools in Connecticut. A blend of both updating the property and the mindset of administrators can help strengthem the school atmosphere. However, in its current state, Sheehan was still able to give me the tools I needed to conquer my first semester in college.
I had a wonderful high school experience at Sheehan. I was active in my student community because Sheehan offered so many ways for students to participate. I was involved in the student government, athletics, as well as other extracurricular activities. Sheehan prepared me for what college is like. As a college sophomore, I can confidently say that my freshman year at Brandeis University would not have gone as well as it did without preparation and challenges my teachers presented to me. Since my school offered business-related electives, I was able to take various business classes to see what a business class may be like in college. Needless to say, those classes allowed me to understand what studying business was like and now I am pursuing a degree in it at my university! The path Sheehan helped me create definitely made me a better student and more involved person.