Marion High School is an above average, public school located in Marion, KS. It has 174 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 35% of students are at least proficient in math and 45% in reading.
Marion High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A18 Students
- A15 Students
- B+14 Students
- B-13 Students
- B12 Students
- B-11 Students
- B11 Students
- B4 Students
- A+4 Students
- B3 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Marion High School Reviews
Marion High School has been good to me. I haven't had any troubles with anyone in the school, such as bullying or related issues. I have become friends with many, younger and older. I have done cross country for three years and track for four, both were good to me. The teachers are very helpful and are willing to help especially if you have a low grade. You can always go to one of the teachers for advice. They are all friendly. There are many clubs you can attend and they are all fun. There isn't much diversity since it is a very small town school. The safety is above standards. The school food is decent enough to eat it but we have this awesome system where upperclassmen can go home for lunch with good grades and on Friday's it is extended. Our seminar is before lunch so for Fridays we use up that time for an extended lunch period. We all kind of get along, yes there is that high school drama but nothing extremely serious.
I enjoyed the small town feel of the school. All the teachers know your name and a lot about you. The teachers and counselors are always willing to help especially with the transition to college. The school is connected to Butler Community College and offers an amazing scholarship that allows high school students to take college courses for dual credit without having to take night classes. There are many sports offered and being such a small town, no one is cut from a sport. There is a good music program both vocal and instrumental with a lot of talent. I like that the school is comfortable and offers a good range of classes. I would change the times certain classes were offered allowing advanced kids to not feel behind in other areas of academics.
I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Marion High School. The teachers are phenomenal and all have great relationships with all of their students. Not only are the academics great, the extra-curricular activities are always a lot of fun. Anything from playing football to being on math team to being a part of Board Game Club, we have it all.