Marion High School is a public school located in Marion, IL. It has 1,083 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 24% of students are at least proficient in math and 34% in reading.
Marion High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B104 Students
- C+93 Students
- B61 Students
- A+37 Students
- B+22 Students
- A-22 Students
- B+21 Students
- B21 Students
- A+20 Students
- A19 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 31 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Schools like Marion High School
- B+Crab Orchard High School
- Crab Orchard Community Unit School District No. 3, IL
- 24 reviews
- B-Frankfort Community High School
- Frankfort Community Unit School District No. 168, IL
- 21 reviews
- BHerrin High School
- Herrin Community Unit School District No. 4, IL
- 96 reviews
- NGCarrier Mills-Stonefort High School
- Carrier Mills-Stonefort Community Unit School District No. 2, IL
Marion High School Reviews
I am a senior at Marion High School. I entered the school as a freshman in the fall of 2015. I am involved in many activities and clubs at Marion High. My favorite thing at Marion High School use to be the marching band because I was a captain of the color guard/dance team but now it’s just unbearable. My least favorite thing at Marion High ties between the food and the education. Every since I was a freshman, the food there during breakfast and lunch has been considered repulsive on most days. From my perspective, the education at Marion High School has gone downhill throughout the past four years (and so has our sports but that’s a different subject). Overall, Marion High School is a poor high school with terrible food and a poor education rate.
I loved MHS. I met so many amazing people through sports and club activities. My guidance counselors really helped me get on track for college. The sports are great, the football field, outdoor track/cross country course, and the HEC center have all made our high school a top notch facility and one of the best looking schools around Southern Illinois.
I have enjoyed my time at Marion High School. I am a part-time student there, so I haven't gotten the,"full experience" I haven't taken all the classes there, or been immersed completely in the school's culture. But, it has been a positive experience regardless. Their Athletics program and facilities in particular are very impressive, it has given me a lot of opportunities I didn't have before.