Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Marion High School is an above average, public school located in Marion, IL. It has 1,107 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 30% in reading.
Marion High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-125 Students
- C+119 Students
- B76 Students
- A+41 Students
- B35 Students
- B+29 Students
- B+26 Students
- A-26 Students
- A+25 Students
- B-24 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 31 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Schools like Marion High School
- C+Crab Orchard High School
- Crab Orchard Community Unit School District No. 3, IL
- 25 reviews
- B-Frankfort Community High School
- Frankfort Community Unit School District No. 168, IL
- 22 reviews
- B-Herrin High School
- Herrin Community Unit School District No. 4, IL
- 111 reviews
- NGCarrier Mills-Stonefort High School
- Carrier Mills-Stonefort Community Unit School District No. 2, IL
- 1 review
Marion High School Reviews
Marion High School faculty members are dedicated to their roles as influencers for the students. I was recently involved in a traumatic event that led to me being airlifted and hospitalized. Whenever I came back to school, the teachers were all welcoming, kind, understanding, and willing to individually help me catch up on the work I had missed. However, one thing that I would like to see changed among the school is the slight racial stigma that still exists. Oftentimes, I hear students and even teachers making slightly racist comments that they don't even realize are harmful to specific people.
What I liked about Marion High school was that there was something for everyone, there was an anime club, a science club, a cooking club, newspaper club, and a High potential individuals club for girls that need emotional support. I liked that they always challenged you to do better and rewarded you when you reached your goal. What I didn't like was the amount of fights we had every day. There would be at least one fight a day. but I guess every school has a little drama. They have a lot of options for lunch there. there's always pizza and salad, they have snacks and different kinds of juices. They have a great award winning choir and band.
I am a senior at Marion High School. I entered the school as a freshman in the fall of 2015. I am involved in many activities and clubs at Marion High. My favorite thing at Marion High School use to be the marching band because I was a captain of the color guard/dance team but now it’s just unbearable. My least favorite thing at Marion High ties between the food and the education. Every since I was a freshman, the food there during breakfast and lunch has been considered repulsive on most days. From my perspective, the education at Marion High School has gone downhill throughout the past four years (and so has our sports but that’s a different subject). Overall, Marion High School is a poor high school with terrible food and a poor education rate.