Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B+
- Diversitygrade B minus
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B+
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade B+
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade A minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B
Marion High School is an above average, public school located in Marion, IA. It has 664 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Marion High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A115 Students
- grade B+90 Students
- grade B minus86 Students
- grade A79 Students
- grade B47 Students
- grade B+44 Students
- grade A19 Students
- grade A minus18 Students
- grade B18 Students
- grade B16 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade A minus
- Housinggrade A minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 16 responses
- The burning of the "M"31%
- Marching Band19%
- Rushing the football field after football games19%
- School Song13%
- Pep rallies6%
grade B minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$18,540 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 12 responses
Schools like Marion High School
- grade BPrairie High School
- College Community School District, IA
- Rating 3.75 out of 5 248 reviews
- grade A minusMount Vernon High School
- Mount Vernon Community School District, IA
- Rating 3.87 out of 5 53 reviews
- grade B minusLisbon High School
- Lisbon Community School District, IA
- Rating 3.36 out of 5 22 reviews
- grade B+Center Point-Urbana High School
- Center Point-Urbana Community School District, IA
- Rating 3.76 out of 5 90 reviews
Marion High School Reviews
Rating 3.85 out of 5 89 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
The community built in this school is amazing. Everyone knows each other, and most people are involved in at least one extracurricular activity. Every teacher really does truly care about every student, and it shows. They are very empathetic and they understand that every student has different battles to go through. The one remaining flaw is just the physical appearance of the school and the resources . The wi-fi is off and on, there is no air conditioning, and there’s not a single thing that looks very modern. In regards to that one flaw, I would say that I would much prefer a school with flaws on the physical aspect rather than within the Marion community.
I love the opportunities that Marion High School has given me. I went out for soccer and joined FCA. I met my best friend at school. They are constantly pushing students to try new things and make the best out of their high school years. I am very blessed to be graduating from such a special school. Almost every teacher at Marion will be very invested in your life and want the best for their students. If they notice a grade is dropping, they will call you in for help, whether that be academic help or just someone to talk to. I began being a part of the Marion Independent District when I was a freshman. It was a very scary feeling starting high school without knowing anyone, however, the teachers and student body made me feel welcome. Even though Marion is a small school, it has a big heart.
Through the four years that I have spent attending Marion High School, it has been primarily enjoyable. There are certainly changes to the building that need to be done including air conditioning and better gym facilities. Overall, I’m grateful for my whole High School experience and appreciative of the opportunity I was given to reach the level of education I am currently at.