Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C+
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade C
- College Prepgrade C
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade B
- Administrationgrade C
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade C+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B
Marion Center Area Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Marion Center, PA. It has 610 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 43% of students are at least proficient in math and 70% in reading.
Marion Center Area Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B minus112 Students
- grade B34 Students
- grade A+31 Students
- grade A29 Students
- grade B minus18 Students
- grade C+15 Students
- grade A minus14 Students
- grade C14 Students
- grade B minus13 Students
- grade A+12 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B minus
- Housinggrade A minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 13 responses
- Homecoming pep rally, parade, game, dance46%
- Baseball Games8%
- Football Games8%
- School spirit weeks8%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$17,009 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 15 responses
Schools like Marion Center Area Junior/Senior High School
- grade C minusPurchase Line Junior/Senior High School
- Purchase Line School District, PA
- Rating 3.24 out of 5 66 reviews
- grade B minusHomer-Center Junior/Senior High School
- Homer-Center School District, PA
- Rating 3.73 out of 5 49 reviews
- grade CWest Shamokin Junior/Senior High School
- Armstrong School District, PA
- Rating 3.79 out of 5 67 reviews
- grade B minusNorthern Cambria High School
- Northern Cambria School District, PA
- Rating 3.68 out of 5 40 reviews
Marion Center Area Junior/Senior High School Reviews
Rating 3.59 out of 5 85 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
This is my first year at Marion Center and it has been an amazing experience. They have many opportunities for students to get involved in clubs and other activities that happen during school that way no other way of transportation is needed. There academic level is some what higher than my old school but I definitly learned a lot more and I'm very thankful for that. Moving schools was always a hard thing for me because I didn't make friends easily, but when I moved to Marion Center it was different. Everyone is so kind and caring and when you get lost they will help you to where you need to be even if they don't know you or you don't ask for help. It's a very friendly atmosphere at Marion Center, it was such a different experience from all the other times I moved schools. I would highly recommend that if your moving and don't know what school yo go to definitely move to Marion Center because it is a very wonderful school.
I enjoy our annual spirit weeks that we do for the holidays and for fun events like homecoming. To go along with spirit weeks we do donation competition throughout the grades to help our community and have a pep assembly for every season to cheer on all of our sport teams. Thing I do not like are the bathrooms flood, there is no air conditioning in a very old building and the pipes have led.
Marion Center was a pretty average hhigh school, there was not a lot of extracurriculars and not much class variety. only four AP classes, not much to make a person feel invloved in teh school. I did not feel very prepared for college because the teachers and classes were too easy, a person had to actvly try to fail in order to fail. I did not feel challeneged or that I was being prepared for any real world situations.