Marinette High School is a public school located in Marinette, WI. It has 628 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Marinette High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+53 Students
- B-38 Students
- B35 Students
- B24 Students
- B+23 Students
- B+22 Students
- B21 Students
- A+15 Students
- A-14 Students
- B+13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Marinette High School Reviews
Some things that I enjoyed about my High School experience were the friends that I made and the classes that I got to take. It's really easy to make friends at our school because kids and teachers are always super involved with everyone so no one is left out. Also, I really enjoyed the different kinds of classes that were available to take, both online and in the classroom. Some classes that are available include Film Studies, Oral & Interpersonal Communication, Anthropology, etc. Some things that I would like to see changed would be the food that is offered during breakfast and lunch. The portions are way too small and doesn't really taste good either.
My experience at Marinette high school has been pretty good. Some of my favorite things about Marinette High school is how much we have to offer from sports to clubs and classes, Marinette has a system set up with some of our local colleges and they give us the opportunity to earn college credit before we even graduate high school. There is always something going on at the high school weather it's a club meeting or sporting event there's always a large crowd.
Marinette High School is not the worst school around, but it could be better. The teachers are very nice, but the “higher up” people treat the students as children. Many students are simply passed along because they are bad at school. Students are given chromebook to work with, but nearly everything is blocked and are therefore worthless. All in all the school isn’t horrible, but students count down the days to graduation.