Marine Science Magnet High School of Southeastern Connecticut is a highly rated, public, magnet school located in Groton, CT. It has 271 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 45% of students are at least proficient in math and 75% in reading.
Marine Science Magnet High School of Southeastern Connecticut Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A60 Students
- B-30 Students
- B24 Students
- B-21 Students
- A+20 Students
- B-19 Students
- B-16 Students
- B-15 Students
- B-12 Students
- A+12 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Schools like Marine Science Magnet High School of Southeastern Connecticut
- BThree Rivers Middle College Magnet School
- Public School
- Norwich, CT
- 12 reviews
- B+Norwich Free Academy
- Private School
- Norwich, CT
- 563 reviews
- B+Ledyard High School
- Ledyard School District, CT
- 152 reviews
- B+Robert E. Fitch High School
- Groton School District, CT
- 177 reviews
Marine Science Magnet High School of Southeastern Connecticut Reviews
Marine Science Magnet High School is like no other. The school prepares its students for college courses while engaging students in fun new ways. The school has changed my life and made me think of life in a bigger and brighter perspective. From the wide selection of college classes, nurturing and welcoming environment, this is an incredible school. There is not one aspect about MSMHS that I would change. I have been given many opportunities that wouldn't necessarily be given in a regular high school. Every teacher and other staff members encourage students to go above and beyond. I learned how "Effort Creates Ability" and how having a good growth mindset goes a long way.
Marine Science Magnet High School has prepared me tremendously for my college experience. Like any school, it has it's pros and cons, but the benefits outweigh any negative drawbacks. I've been at the school for four year, since Freshman year, and, like any high school, it took some time to adjust. But, the welcoming culture and community made me feel accepted and I could be anything I wanted to be. Now, as a Senior, I have accomplished so much from this school and would highly recommend any one interested to apply and really consider attending.
This is an amazing school. Both my kids go here and I cannot say enough good things! The teachers are incredibly dedicated and devoted. Everyone feels welcome. The principal could not be any more dedicated to the academic and social success of all of the students. They really prepare the kids for college and life.