Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A+
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade A+
- College Prepgrade A
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B+
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade A minus
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade B+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade A minus
Mariemont High School is a top rated, public school located in Cincinnati, OH. It has 498 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 77% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Mariemont High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+160 Students
- grade A minus138 Students
- grade A minus114 Students
- grade A minus70 Students
- grade A45 Students
- grade A+40 Students
- grade A40 Students
- grade B+38 Students
- grade A+37 Students
- grade A33 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B minus
- Good for Familiesgrade A+
- Housinggrade A minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 13 responses
- Musicals -- the "Pow Wows" are actually cultish31%
- "Pow Wow" the week we play rival school23%
- Spring Fling23%
- Kings Island8%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$14,447 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 12 responses
Schools like Mariemont High School
- grade A+Highlands High School
- Fort Thomas Independent Schools, KY
- Rating 4.26 out of 5 204 reviews
- grade A+Madeira High School
- Madeira City School District, OH
- Rating 3.93 out of 5 135 reviews
- grade A+Indian Hill High School
- Indian Hill Exempted Village School District, OH
- Rating 4.12 out of 5 145 reviews
- grade A+Turpin High School
- Forest Hills Local School District, OH
- Rating 4.05 out of 5 284 reviews
Mariemont High School Reviews
Rating 4.01 out of 5 74 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Mariemont High School is a fantastic high school! Their academics are great and their academics really help students feel prepared for what college my look like. The administration also does a fantastic job making sure students feel safe and welcome! The teachers accommodate to students to make learning enjoyable and easier to understand. Overall, Mariemont High School is a great school for academics, college readiness, giving resources to students, and creating a safe and fun environment for students to make connections and memories!
It's a great school if you've lived there your entire life. I do NOT recommend moving your children here during high school if you are coming from out of the county. If you're not born and bred here, it's just a fact you won't fit in. No one is outwardly mean, but no one Is welcoming and no one makes an effort to try and help you adjust. I got to experience amazing teachers and some of the worst teachers in my entire life. There is a lot of toxic misogyny in the air if you're a girl, and one teacher, in particular, was rude, disrespectful, and utterly inappropriate to talk to a student in such an aggressive manner. If you're not a part of the upper-middle class, people will make you aware of that. There is NO diversity, and I personally witnessed classmates transfer out of school because of their race or sexuality. Please do not put your child into this school if you care about their mental health or don't think they would fit into this culture.
We moved here because of the excellent reputation the Mariemont school district has. Just this year, Mariemont elementary won the blue ribbon award which is the highest award for schools there is and is nationally recognized. We have four children, and have put them all through the Mariemont school district. Because of the environment here, and the kind of people who move here for the schools, parent involvement is off the charts. I’ve literally seen nothing like it any school I’ve gone to. My wife has observed the same compared to her experiences. The one thing that I would like to see changed, is actually being changed as we speak. The Mariemont Highschool is currently under a $44 million remodeling program which just started. A lot of the systems in the high school were outdated and the school was becoming a little bit too small. That will all be fixed over the next couple years and we will have a new, state of the art, and safe educational experience for our children.