grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C+
- Diversitygrade A+
- Teachersgrade C+
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C+
- Health & Safetygrade B
- Administrationgrade C+
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C minus
Maricopa High School is a public school located in Maricopa, AZ. It has 2,287 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 24 to 1. According to state test scores, 28% of students are at least proficient in math and 30% in reading.
Maricopa High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A488 Students
- grade B448 Students
- grade A minus383 Students
- grade B minus234 Students
- grade C+138 Students
- grade B+126 Students
- grade A+124 Students
- grade A88 Students
- grade B82 Students
- grade C+57 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C+
- Good for Familiesgrade B
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 33 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 33 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 113 responses
- Pep assembly19%
- Football Games15%
- Dance Performances13%
- All sport events6%
- Pep rallies6%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 40 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 40 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 40 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 47 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$7,427 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 49 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 49 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 49 responses
Maricopa High School Reviews
Rating 3.57 out of 5 254 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Maricopa High School is excelled in providing opportunities for all goals and achievements. The counselors work with you! Having easy contact to your counselor and being able to satisfy what you want for your schedule is so important. I had an abundance of changes that needed to be tended to for my schedule and my counselor worked through them. My counselor made sure I got all my necessary classes and the classes I wanted. Even though I may be a freshman, I've jad my fair share of teachers. Especially in a year of unknowing that is 2020-21, the teachers have been understanding and rolling with the punches. Teamwork and communication is not only in their sports teams, but also as a staff and school as a whole.
Maricopa High School is such a great experience, being in a smaller city allows us to have a bunch of very unique traditions that the whole student body participates in. Our sport teams seem to get better every year and the coaches are amazing. We are a very diverse school with kids you would never think be together hang out and have fun. We offer a ton of Honors and AP classes that really push students to be their best. We also have many CTE programs that prepare students for the workforce and life after High School which is very beneficial. Maricopa High has been a great experience!
The teachers are always welcoming and the campus is organized where it only takes about a day to find your way. My favorite part about MHS is the athletics, I play soccer and it is a way to make you high school experience better, you are about to find a high school family that you will be friends with the rest of your high school career! High school has been very fun for me these past three years and its something to experience!