Margarita Muniz Academy is a public, magnet school located in Boston, MA. It has 284 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Margarita Muniz Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+37 Students
- A+18 Students
- A18 Students
- A+17 Students
- B-17 Students
- B-15 Students
- C+14 Students
- C+13 Students
- B-13 Students
- B12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Margarita Muniz Academy Reviews
It's an amazing school! We push each other to strive for greatness and help each other to get there. Our school culture can be compared to one of summer camp we eat as a family and hype each other up when we have made an achievement. The teachers are asome and really care about each one of their students. Margarita Muñiz provides a variety of of clubs both in and out of school from swimming to dancing and service trips. The Boston Public School lunch food might not be great but the school always provides alternatives so you are never hungry. The parents are very involved with the learning of the students thanks to student lead conferences hosted by the teachers. Yes there always is improvement for every school but Margarita Muniz Academy is my home.
In the margarita muniz you get to meet people that are helpful forma once future. You get to lern two languish English and Spanish. You can oway find someone that can support in about everything in live. The teacher's do really like silence people, but they got funny personality that make them unit to each other. They got a lot of good think, but l hope that someday that school will get to be more organize in how they proceed to talk to student about opportunities they achieve with in their range of educación. I thing they shouding givr all the appourtunity to only they student the got the highest GPA if not the student that is comités to his goal's.
I like the relationship between students and teachers, i believe that having a relationship with your student is the most important part of highschool and how we learn. Theres always some kind of understanding that helps the student accomplish what they need to so they can graduate. School is not just about passing and getting out, its about learning and developing social skills. Margarita Muniz Academy has shown me the importance of Responsability, Advocacy, Integrity, Compassion, Excellence and Stretching , going above and beyond what you think youre capable of and showing the rest but most importantly yourself, that there is more to what you can do. Something i would change is the grading system, im not a big fan of how the numbers add up and i just think it would be easier for the students to understand their progress if it were just letter grades.