Margaretville Central School is a public school located in Margaretville, NY. It has 364 students in grades PK, K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Margaretville Central School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+14 Students
- B7 Students
- A+6 Students
- A-6 Students
- A6 Students
- B5 Students
- B5 Students
- B+5 Students
- A-4 Students
- A+4 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Schools like Margaretville Central School
- CRoxbury Central School
- Roxbury Central School District, NY
- PK, K-12
- 17 reviews
- C-South Kortright Central School
- South Kortright Central School District, NY
- PK, K-12
- 12 reviews
- C+Andes Central School
- Andes Central School District, NY
- PK, K-12
- 15 reviews
- B-Delaware Academy High School
- Delaware Academy Central School District at Delhi, NY
- 22 reviews
Margaretville Central School Reviews
The education the school provides is good in most areas. However, as of this school year there has been a teacher who has not been teaching for 7 weeks now and is being paid while their students fall behind without their guidance or a certified substitute of the subject. There is a lack of activities the school provides for students. The area provided for recess has very few structures. There is only a swingset, a wall, and a basketball court. The school lunch is limited to unhealthy choices such as pizza, pizza sticks, breakfast for lunch, hamburgers, and chicken patties. The senior lounge has been removed and replaced with a storage room that contains only a few unused desks and a microwave. Margaretville Central School is decent academically, lacking in activities, and very unhealthy in terms of the food.
Margaretville Central School is a Pre-k -12 school with less than five hundred students. Academically I began my journey by enrolling in different courses and clubs. I became a member of National Honor Society, Students Against Destructive Decisions, Peer mentoring, Art club, Puerto Rican/ Hispanic Youth Leadership Institute, MCS Girls Varsity Soccer Team, SCITAMARD Society (Musical theater). I was also given the opportunity to experience dental work first hand. I was offered an internship and a summer job in a local dental office in Margaretville due to the communication that the administration had with local offices. During my study halls I drive down to Dr. Ilinsky's office and shadow the D.D.S. Margaretville Central School also offers an opportunity to work as a CROP peer tutor in the after school program Creating Rural Opportunities Program. The Creating Rural Oppurtunities Program (CROP) offers students an opportunity to assist younger students who are struggling in school with their work .Since MCS is a small school the advantage of having more of the teacher's attention when I struggle in school is phenomenal.
Margaretville Central School has a great school system with wonderful administration staff that are always involved in school functions. The policies are very reasonable with restrictions on certain things to obtain a good school community. Bullying is an act that is taken very serious in the school, one who performs such horrid acts will face serious consequences. The administration staff is very supportive by attending sporting events, musical concerts, academic banquets, theatrical events and other school functions.