Marcus Whitman High School
- RUSHVILLE, NY
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B+
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C+
- Health & Safetygrade B
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B
Marcus Whitman High School is an above average, public school located in RUSHVILLE, NY. It has 331 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 8 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Marcus Whitman High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade C+34 Students
- grade B20 Students
- grade A minus20 Students
- grade C+19 Students
- grade B+13 Students
- grade A+11 Students
- grade A minus11 Students
- grade B10 Students
- grade A+10 Students
- grade A minus9 Students
Map is loading
View Homes Near Marcus Whitman High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B
- Good for Familiesgrade B
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 3 responses
- Homecoming week and the pep rally!33%
- Spirit Week33%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 6 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$24,690 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 9 responses
Schools like Marcus Whitman High School
- grade BMidlakes High School
- Phelps-Clifton Springs Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.63 out of 5 123 reviews
- grade B+Bloomfield High School
- East Bloomfield Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.4 out of 5 47 reviews
- grade B+Penn Yan Academy
- Penn Yan Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.74 out of 5 47 reviews
- grade C+Honeoye Middle/High School
- Honeoye Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.48 out of 5 73 reviews
Marcus Whitman High School Reviews
Rating 3.11 out of 5 35 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
It's a small, rural school. Tight knit classes, you know just about everyone's name. It's a relatively nice, little community and area. Something I'd like to see changed is updating on the place. Currently, construction plans are set. I also think the counseling department could be better. Not too dramatic either. I'd say it's a safe school.
It's nothing special, but they get the job done. The teacher staff is mostly very friendly and inviting. Academic scores are fantastic as well. The only two real problems with the district is the lack of cleanliness and a lack of extracurricular activities. Other than that it's a decent school.
Marcus Whitman is a very cozy little school. The teachers and staff are very helpful and they truly value creating relationships with their students. Classes are small so teachers can spend 1 on 1 time with each individual student. The students that attend Marcus Whitman are generally well behaved and you won't see as many of the problems that you might in a larger city school district. This is a place where everyone knows everybody else and it is a very tight knit community.