Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesA
Marceline High School is an above average, public school located in Marceline, MO. It has 187 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 55% of students are at least proficient in math and 75% in reading.
Marceline High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-58 Students
- B36 Students
- B+29 Students
- B24 Students
- B23 Students
- C+19 Students
- C17 Students
- A-14 Students
- B+13 Students
- B-10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Marceline High School Reviews
Throughout my life in Marceline I was always one of the quieter students in my class. Marceline however is a smaller town, which makes everyone feel closer together in a way. Never once in my time attending Marceline High School have I felt left out or not cared by either my classmates or my teachers. Which helped me get through rough patches in my life. Many of the students are always extremely friendly and caring. It never once felt like the classes split off into their certain "clicks", it more so felt like we were one large team there to help each other through think and thin. Even though we still had our group of friends who we spent the most time with it truly felt like you were a piece in a much larger puzzle instead of being the loner. The teacher too never left you out of the equation. They all had their interesting personalities along with always taking the time to help students no matter what. I would say without a doubt that I am lucky for attending this school
My experience at MHS has been pretty good so far. Almost all of the teachers are very helpful, especially when it comes to athletes and people involved in clubs that miss school. If I could change anything about my school, I would change a couple things. I would change the food, and make it better, and then I would also hire both a better math and better music teacher, to make those particular departments stronger and as good as the others.
Marceline is a really amazing school. I’ve been to four schools my high school career, and at Marceline I felt the most at home. At all the other schools I’ve been to, I always felt out of place and had a hard time making friends and being the best person I can be. But when I moved to Marceline, I immediately found friends and my grades excelled. I love it here.