Marbury School is a public school located in Deatsville, AL. It has 591 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Marbury School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B56 Students
- B-46 Students
- A44 Students
- A42 Students
- B35 Students
- A25 Students
- C+22 Students
- B18 Students
- B17 Students
- C+16 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Marbury School Reviews
I absolutely love Marbury High School! Through the rigorous courses, I feel challenged but know that I will be prepared for college. In addition to academics, Marbury High Scool has a wonderful and caring staff, multiple clubs and organizations that keep me busy, and has given me wonderful memories for years to come. Apart from learning academic criteria, I have also learned life and people skills which will take me even farther in life. Going to Marbury High School provides a true "Home-like" feel and I would not change that for the world.
The absolute thing about Marbury High School that personnally stands out the most to me in my eyes is the administration and staff because they are entirely welcoming and clearly and unconditionally care for the well-being of their students. On the other hand, I would love to see the athletic department improve mainly with the discipline of the athletes due to the fact of a losing record in multiple sports. It is obvious that favoritism is highly expressed and that athletes have it easier than regular students in classroom settings.
There is something special about the atmosphere at Marbury Highschool. It offers adequate comfort, guidance, and hands on experience. The student body is small enough that everyone knows everyone. The staff treats the students like their own children. Also, at lunch the potatoes are always really good.