Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Marblehead High School is a highly rated, public school located in Marblehead, MA. It has 1,054 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Marblehead High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A180 Students
- A+120 Students
- A+104 Students
- A+97 Students
- A-96 Students
- B+83 Students
- A+76 Students
- A+67 Students
- A66 Students
- A+63 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.24 responses
Schools like Marblehead High School
- AMasconomet Regional High School
- Masconomet Public Schools, MA
- 284 reviews
- A+Winchester High School
- Winchester Public Schools, MA
- 142 reviews
- AManchester Essex Regional High School
- Manchester Essex Regional School District, MA
- 79 reviews
- ALynnfield High School
- Lynnfield Public Schools, MA
- 113 reviews
Marblehead High School Reviews
At Marblehead High, almost every teacher is very passionate about their subject and are available before and after school for extra help if you need it. Classes are very difficult, especially at the honors and AP levels. There is a large variety of science and art-related electives, but less English and history electives. The main criticism I have for Marblehead High is that the difficulty of classes varies dramatically between different teachers regardless of course level, making some college preparatory and honors courses more difficult than the AP course due to the teacher. Overall, I had a great 4 years at Marblehead!
This is a high performing high school with many students participating in different types of extracurricular activities (sports, volunteering, etc.). Almost every student goes to college and is relatively prepared to do so. There are many drawbacks, however, the staff is not always supportive of its students, there is a damaging competitive atmosphere (which inspires a LOT of cheating), parents are way too involved in their children's education, and the lack of diversity is so appalling that they have to "bus in" diverse students. Although this high school helped me get into a good college, I would have never chosen it again.
Marblehead High School is a great place to learn grown and thrive! The school has excellent sports programs as well as arts programs: so if you like basketball or acting in the thearter, or shooting photos the school has something for everyone.