Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Marathon Middle High School is an above average, public school located in Marathon, FL. It has 638 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Marathon Middle High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+57 Students
- A56 Students
- A55 Students
- B+37 Students
- A33 Students
- A-30 Students
- B+29 Students
- C26 Students
- A+26 Students
- B+17 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Marathon Middle High School Reviews
One thing that is very nice about Marathon is how convenient dual enrollment is. There is a satellite of FKCC right on the high school campus. You have close access to college professors, all of which have been very helpful and proficient professors in my experience. As far as the high school teachers go, you have some that really care about what they teach and will do all they can for you to succeed, and you have teachers that don't bother as much and fail to properly teach. My experience with athletics has been exceptional, and the school is upgrading its athletic program with brand new facilities starting next year. One thing that marathon could improve on is their availability of elective courses. I have a huge interest in computer science and workshop classes, but marathon offers neither. If they had wood working classes, welding classes, or computer sciences classes, My opinion of the school would improve greatly.
Overall, a great school. Attended here from 8th grade. Since it’s a small school, there’s not much federal money coming in, but the school does the best with what they have. The administration is slightly disorganized, but it’s the Keys, what do you expect?
Great people! But not the best education out there. You must apply yourself to get a good education and gode grades.