Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Teachersgrade C
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C+
- Health & Safetygrade B minus
- Administrationgrade C minus
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade C minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C minus
Marana High School is an above average, public school located in Tucson, AZ. It has 2,178 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Marana High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus708 Students
- grade B420 Students
- grade A336 Students
- grade C+271 Students
- grade B minus186 Students
- grade A+115 Students
- grade A82 Students
- grade B+71 Students
- grade A+64 Students
- grade B+50 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C+
- Good for Familiesgrade A minus
- Housinggrade B+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade B minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 37 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 37 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 111 responses
- Football games20%
- Dance team14%
- Orchestra concerts, culinary, lunch, volunteering8%
- Mr. Marana7%
- School-wide Musical6%
grade A minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 51 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$9,097 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 56 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 56 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 56 responses
Schools like Marana High School
- grade B+Mountain View High School
- Marana Unified School District, AZ
- Rating 3.65 out of 5 395 reviews
- grade B minusAmphitheater High School
- Amphitheater Unified School District, AZ
- Rating 3.59 out of 5 187 reviews
- grade A minusFlowing Wells High School
- Flowing Wells Unified School District, AZ
- Rating 4.22 out of 5 335 reviews
- grade C+Cholla High School
- Tucson Unified School District, AZ
- Rating 3.68 out of 5 318 reviews
Marana High School Reviews
Rating 3.72 out of 5 343 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Very welcoming and positive teachers, staff, students, and environment. Offers many AP, Honors, and even dual enrollment courses. Offers a wide selection of electives and general ed classes as well. Very positive experience! Tiger Pride!
I love the school spirit we have and how almost all of the campus participates. The relationship between teachers and students is very strong. I have always been able to talk to them when I am in need of help or stressed. My teachers were great at giving me the reassurance I needed at times. The whole campus is very welcoming and inviting. They have many opportunities for students. For example the world travelers club, they get to go out of the country for a week and learn about a whole other country. It’s truly amazing! One of the things I would love to see improve in our school is our rank.
At Marana High School, the only thing administration and some teachers focus on is if students are getting their work done or not. They don't take into consideration of other students' mental health or personal needs. They look at things as a whole and don't take the time to notice the little things. They do not handle bullying well and will try to resolve the issue just by suspending both students and half the time blame the victim of the bullying in some way or another. They also spend their money on unneeded things instead of necessary needs. Although, some teachers are very supportive and care about their students. Most have my teachers have been very supportive and nice but I know many cases where teachers do not care. Our athletic programs have slowly gotten worse over the times due to different coaches and people not caring anymore. Lastly, Marana High is filled with racism and bullying.