Maquoketa Community High School is a public school located in Maquoketa, IA. It has 535 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Maquoketa Community High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A71 Students
- B+52 Students
- B-33 Students
- A31 Students
- B-20 Students
- B20 Students
- B-18 Students
- B16 Students
- A-14 Students
- A-13 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 21 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Maquoketa Community High School Reviews
I loved the staff, they really get involved with their students. The only downside was the students. Its a small town with not much diversity, so if you are different you are kind of singled out by the majority of your peers.
Maquoketa High School does not provide the knowledge I should have. I have had to learn multiple aspects by myself. But our school does offer many online college classes, providing me with online teachers that are very helpful.
The best thing about MHS is the opportunities we have with the Clinton Community College center being only a two minute walk away. The majority of seniors this year (including me) have most, if not all, of their general eds done.