Maplewood High School is an above average, public school located in Cortland, OH. It has 205 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 85% of students are at least proficient in math and 85% in reading.
Maplewood High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-32 Students
- B21 Students
- A+16 Students
- B-11 Students
- B9 Students
- B9 Students
- B8 Students
- B8 Students
- A-8 Students
- A+7 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Maplewood High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like Maplewood High School
- B+Lordstown High School
- Lordstown Local School District, OH
- 32 reviews
- B+Lakeview High School
- Lakeview Local School District, OH
- 70 reviews
- BGirard Senior High School
- Girard City School District, OH
- 44 reviews
- BLaBrae High School
- LaBrae Local School District, OH
- 92 reviews
Maplewood High School Reviews
My experience at Maplewood Local Schools located in Trumbull County Ohio was excellent. All of the staff, teachers, coaches, and students were helpful, friendly, and made my time there extraordinary. Due to its small town location it was easy to grow strong relationships with the community members which helped create friendships that can last a lifetime. My educational experience was also wonderful. I received an overall GPA of over 3.5 and was a part of National Honors Society. Joining teams and clubs also benefited my life by staying healthy, being with friends, and volunteering in he community. I would recommend this school district to everyone I know.
A recent grad, I am a third generation student at Maplewood. Throughout my time there, I was heavily involved in athletics and extracurriculars and did well in school. Although on the smaller side, I believe the faculty did everything they could to prepare me for the future, and I am thankful for everyone every step of the way.
This is my first year attendeding Malewpod High School and the day I walked into the school building everyone was so friendly and welcoming and as time went past I've meant some of the most nicest people. All of the teachers are very involved with their work as well with ours. I literally learn something new new single day since I've attended. The opportunities that Maplewood offers such as their French club, and the way they support the less fortunate in their community is absolutely incredible. The only day that I love the schools food is on pizza day which I recommend that the price for an extra slice of pizza is outrageous . But they also have some good qualities such as breakfast the most important meal of the day.