Mapletown Junior/Senior High School
- GREENSBORO, PA
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade C
- College Prepgrade C minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C+
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade C minus
- Sportsgrade C
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B
Mapletown Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in GREENSBORO, PA. It has 247 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
No data available
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B minus34 Students
- grade C+31 Students
- grade A15 Students
- grade B+14 Students
- grade A+13 Students
- grade A minus11 Students
- grade B minus10 Students
- grade B minus8 Students
- grade B minus7 Students
- grade B7 Students
Map is loading
View Homes Near Mapletown Junior/Senior High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade unavailable
- Good for Familiesgrade unavailable
- Housinggrade unavailable
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- no data--
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- no data--
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 4 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$18,200 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 4 responses
Schools like Mapletown Junior/Senior High School
- grade C minusCarmichaels Area Junior/Senior High School
- Carmichaels Area School District, PA
- Rating 3.05 out of 5 44 reviews
- grade C minusBrownsville Area High School
- Brownsville Area School District, PA
- Rating 3.21 out of 5 103 reviews
- grade B minusJefferson-Morgan Middle/High School
- Jefferson-Morgan School District, PA
- Rating 2.86 out of 5 22 reviews
- grade CAlbert Gallatin Area Senior High School
- Albert Gallatin Area School District, PA
- Rating 3.23 out of 5 177 reviews
Mapletown Junior/Senior High School Reviews
Rating 3.61 out of 5 18 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Hello, I'm Jasmine Rockwell I would like to say that Mapletown is a really nice school. I really like the friendliness, and team support we have. They have very good teachers, if you don't understand something they will explain it in a different way. If you aren't a city person and would like to be in a country side high school I'd say this one is great. I love the support the support we get from the staff members. All of the staff are really nice, they help out a lot. I would like to thank the lunch ladies as well, they make chef meals for us students everyday, even when COVID-19 is happening. I also like how we get new technology, it really helps us students. If you have a different religion they will not force you to do anything you don't want to do. We are trying to have clubs and sports but we can't at the moment because of COVID-19. The teachers have been teaching us very good, we were at the top for the PSSA scores. I like Mapletown the best because of the kind people.
I loved Mapletown! The school was extremely small and so were the classes. That just made it nice to get to know everyone and you got to have better relationships with the teachers as well. However, I did not like the curriculum we were offered and taught. I feel as though more advanced placement classes should have been offered and we should have more elective options. Other than that, I loved going to this small school in the middle of no-where. It was a great experience and I would not have wanted to go anywhere else.
My experience at Mapletown Junior Senior High School has been one of the best experiences of my life. I have enjoyed every single day of it. Having the teachers I had really prepared me for my life over the periods of time that I’ve had them. They are the people who have made me who I am today. The teachers at Mapletown are some of the nicest people you could ever meet. They are always there to help you when you need help, whether it be school work or something that’s bringing you down, they will be there to make it better.