Manteo High School is a highly rated, public school located in Manteo, NC. It has 504 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Manteo High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+76 Students
- A+74 Students
- A+57 Students
- B+53 Students
- A-45 Students
- B+40 Students
- B28 Students
- B26 Students
- C+23 Students
- B-21 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Manteo High School Reviews
I liked going to high school at Manteo. The teachers and staff were always friendly and people you could go to if you needed any help or advice without feeling judged. It was easy to make friends here since the school is so small, everyone knows everyone. We had a large variety of clubs and organizations for everybody. Our sports teams were very diversified and reasonably good. The only two negative things I could say about this school is the amount of homework assigned was CRAZY and the food was awful. I felt like I never got a break with homework. But I guess this was reasonable in the long run to prepare us for college. The food on the other hand was just terrible. It was either pizza or chicken and neither was good. By the time I got to lunch, since I had the last lunch out of three, there was barely any food left so I had to eat what no one else wanted.
I am currently a Junior at Manteo High School. It's my first year at this school, and coming from an outsider, it's not hard to fit in. There are many students that help in your transition and they are very welcoming. The staff is very helpful in your transition to a new school, and help you in anyway they can. Academically, the school prepares you for major tests such as the ACT and PSAT. There is a diverse community of students, and it creates an acceptance of others. Teachers teach more than the required curriculum, they prepare you for life experiences that you typically wouldn't know how to handle.
Average, small school with decent resources. Most teachers generally want to see you succeed. Some of the administration should be replaced with newer-aged people who realize that we are no longer living in the 1950's.