Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Manteno High School is an above average, public school located in Manteno, IL. It has 660 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Manteno High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B66 Students
- C+53 Students
- B-45 Students
- A+40 Students
- B+32 Students
- A-28 Students
- B-28 Students
- B-28 Students
- B27 Students
- B+24 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Schools like Manteno High School
- BBradley-Bourbonnais Community High School
- Public School
- Bradley, IL
- 360 reviews
- B-Peotone High School
- Peotone Community Unit School District No. 207-U, IL
- 157 reviews
- BWilmington High School
- Wilmington Community Unit School District No. 209-U, IL
- 59 reviews
- CRich East Campus High School
- Rich Township High School District No. 227, IL
- 208 reviews
Manteno High School Reviews
Overall, a great example of a quality public school. There are excellent teachers, plenty of opportunities for students, and, since the student population is on the lower end, students get to know each other and develop their social skills. However, the upper administration often ignores student issues. For example, when I was a student and a fellow peer had committed suicide, our student government petitioned for mental health awareness to be implemented more into the school, but was brushed aside and told that it wasn't an issue.
High school in Manteno was the best experience I could have ever had. I was involved in so many activities and there was always more to try. The teachers and authorities strive for greatness in all aspects. I was able to be a two sport athlete, show choir member, president of Best Buddies, and a member of a few clubs all while being supported academically by my teachers. There was always events going on that got people excited. The school spirit was also tremendous; panther pride forever. I am so thankful for the support that I had from my peers, adults, coaches, and directors and I hope everybody is able to have the same experience that I did.
This is a good school located in a small town. Education wise it is very mediocre. Teachers are very hit or miss. There is a trend with newer teachers not being the best. The English department and the math department are easily the strongest subjects in the school. There isn't much in terms of AP classes offered. There is not many clubs and activities here and it could use a lot more clubs. Sport here are great because of the atmosphere and school pride displayed by the students. Safety is great, there is always an officer present at school and cops are always watching over students in the morning and afternoon. Food here is awful, not only is the food disgusting, the portions are also terrible. The schools gyms and weight room are all great,