Mansfield High School is a highly rated, public school located in Mansfield, MA. It has 1,307 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 94% of students are at least proficient in math and 98% in reading.
Mansfield High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A200 Students
- A+117 Students
- A+111 Students
- B108 Students
- A85 Students
- A+82 Students
- A-81 Students
- C+70 Students
- B+54 Students
- B+53 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 43 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.35 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.42 responses
Mansfield High School Reviews
Mansfield High is a great school with great academics. There's lots of options for every level of learning. They offer two levels of college prep classes along with honors and Advanced Placement classes. The school offers many after school clubs from a great, state championship winning sports teams, to a world class award winning band. They have everything from academic clubs to political clubs and more. The teachers are all very helpful and want students to succeed. Overall, it is a great school with very little that could be changed to improve it.
On the outside, MHS looks like an amazing environment, but in reality there are many shortcomings. The administration creates so many hurdles for everyone whether it is a sports team, club, or just a normal student. They are also not that friendly and extremely strict. Most of the teachers are good, however, no one likes any of the freshman bio teachers or level three spanish teachers. Also, the school is extremely cliquey and not at all a welcoming environment. The one redeeming aspect is that most students seem well prepared for college and Mansfield has extremely high test scores.
Although most classes are truly enjoyable and the teachers are enthusiastic, there are some classes where teachers simply don't prepare students enough or properly teach the material. I don't feel much school unity or pride. We have no dances (outside of prom) and our pep rallies are a joke. There are some great clubs afterschool though!