Mankato West Senior High School is a top rated, public school located in Mankato, MN. It has 1,175 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 63% of students are at least proficient in math and 69% in reading.
Mankato West Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B182 Students
- A+134 Students
- A+66 Students
- B+57 Students
- A49 Students
- A47 Students
- C+42 Students
- B+39 Students
- A34 Students
- B+28 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.31 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.30 responses
Schools like Mankato West Senior High School
- A-Mankato East Senior High School
- Mankato Public School District, MN
- 184 reviews
- A-St. Peter High School
- St. Peter Public School District, MN
- 113 reviews
- C+Lake Crystal Wellcome Memorial Secondary School
- Lake Crystal Wellcome Memorial (LCWM) School District, MN
- 43 reviews
- C+Cleveland Secondary School
- Cleveland Public School District, MN
- 44 reviews
Mankato West Senior High School Reviews
All the teachers are extremely helpful. They truly live their jobs and are willing to do anything to have their students succeed. There are countless activities and clubs to be a part of for a huge variety of interests. You can even create your own club as long as you have a teacher to supervise it. Mankato West has a variety of classes, many of which will prepare you for your future job. There is also plenty of ways to gain college credit whether it is AP, PLTW, or PSEO classes. Mankato West is a great place to attend school!
West is an amazing school with amazing people! I had the opportunity to work with many excellent teachers over the years, all of whom helped me become a better student. I made a lot of friends, and I've made so many lasting memories that I'll treasure forever. The only thing that would've made it better was air conditioning.
I love Mankato West High School. When I first came into the school as a freshman, I was scared. I thought that the older kids were going to be mean to freshmen, but on the contrary, they were some of the nicest people I know. They welcomed all of the freshmen with open arms. The only thing I would change about the school is that there is no Air Conditioning. Otherwise it is an amazing place to further your education!