Manheim Township High School is a highly rated, public school located in Lancaster, PA. It has 1,755 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 80% of students are at least proficient in math and 83% in reading.
Manheim Township High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+160 Students
- A144 Students
- A-116 Students
- A+98 Students
- B77 Students
- B+61 Students
- A-60 Students
- A49 Students
- A+41 Students
- A+37 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 27 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.33 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.37 responses
Schools like Manheim Township High School
- AHempfield Senior High School
- Hempfield School District, PA
- 264 reviews
- B+Penn Manor High School
- Penn Manor School District, PA
- 291 reviews
- A-Warwick Senior High School
- Warwick School District, PA
- 211 reviews
- AConestoga Valley Senior High School
- Conestoga Valley School District, PA
- 284 reviews
Manheim Township High School Reviews
We had multiple children come through MTHS, and although each experience was a bit different, all were excellent. MTHS has top notch academics, but also support for students that need the help. Multiple AP classes and IB offered. Flexible with curriculum and even offer cyber classes. Many extracurricular activities. Teaches accessible and care about their students and their futures. 5 star experience all around.
I had a wonderful experience at Mannheim Township. I found the staff and other students for the most part to be caring and supportive. If students attending this high school had any desire to achieve academic and social success, Mannheim Township made it possible. I was also extremely prepared by this high school for college which not many of my college classmates can say. It was always sad; however, to see kids slip through the cracks each year. Mannheim Township could work on bettering its one on one relationships and instilling drive and initiative in those students to ensure the success of as many kids as possible, not just the ones who want it from the beginning.
Overall, it is a very good high school that prepares students for college. It has above average facilities in most respects, including a diverse lunch menu and very clean bathrooms, etc. Most of the teachers have graduated from their colleges with honors, so they are mostly very good at their jobs.