Manheim Township High School is a highly rated, public school located in Lancaster, PA. It has 1,751 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 83% of students are at least proficient in math and 88% in reading.
Manheim Township High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+171 Students
- A155 Students
- A-128 Students
- A+99 Students
- B85 Students
- B+67 Students
- A-62 Students
- A53 Students
- A-43 Students
- A+42 Students
Living in the Area
- Crime & SafetyB
- Cost of LivingC+
- Good for FamiliesA+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 27 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.33 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.37 responses
Schools like Manheim Township High School
- AHempfield Senior High School
- Hempfield School District, PA
- 268 reviews
- B+Penn Manor High School
- Penn Manor School District, PA
- 294 reviews
- A-Warwick Senior High School
- Warwick School District, PA
- 212 reviews
- AConestoga Valley Senior High School
- Conestoga Valley School District, PA
- 287 reviews
Manheim Township High School Reviews
From my experience, the administrative staff is extremely dedicated to their jobs, and do their best to keep the building safe. As for teachers, some are amazing, and others make you hate the class forever. The school spirit is occasionally lacking, and I personally feel that the club selection is underwhelming. Overall, MTHS is the best high school around, with a diverse culture and course options, and generally supportive peers.
I’ve attended this high school for all four years of high school and the one thing that I could really praise about the school is the academics. They offer many ap as well as ib classes from which you can choose from. They also excel in the variety and achievement levels of all the different sports. The diversity in the school is a little spotty at times as a large portion of the school comes affluent white families. The school administration is also lacking as they never really punish anyone but rather will only give out warnings. The school lacks the proper knowledge to handle students with learning disabilities and poor mental health; there are people who have been waiting for 6 months to see the school psychologist. Most of the school culture revolves around fundraising for mini-thon or prom which means that any attempt to fund raise for anything else will be steamrolled by the administration.
We had multiple children come through MTHS, and although each experience was a bit different, all were excellent. MTHS has top notch academics, but also support for students that need the help. Multiple AP classes and IB offered. Flexible with curriculum and even offer cyber classes. Many extracurricular activities. Teaches accessible and care about their students and their futures. 5 star experience all around.