Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade A
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B+
- Health & Safetygrade C+
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B+
Manheim Township High School is a highly rated, public school located in Lancaster, PA. It has 1,753 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 84% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Manheim Township High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+288 Students
- grade A256 Students
- grade A minus216 Students
- grade A+140 Students
- grade B128 Students
- grade B120 Students
- grade A minus116 Students
- grade A81 Students
- grade A+75 Students
- grade A minus71 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade unavailable
- Good for Familiesgrade unavailable
- Housinggrade unavailable
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 20 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 35 responses
- Basketball/Football Games/Mini-THON49%
- Fall Play17%
- Music Department Field Trip9%
- Spring musical6%
- Swim Meets6%
- Marching band home showcase3%
grade A minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 26 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 34 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$14,709 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 38 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 38 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 38 responses
Schools like Manheim Township High School
- grade A minusHempfield Senior High School
- Hempfield School District, PA
- Rating 3.82 out of 5 285 reviews
- grade A minusPenn Manor High School
- Penn Manor School District, PA
- Rating 3.57 out of 5 322 reviews
- grade B+Warwick Senior High School
- Warwick School District, PA
- Rating 3.77 out of 5 235 reviews
- grade A minusConestoga Valley Senior High School
- Conestoga Valley School District, PA
- Rating 3.64 out of 5 305 reviews
Manheim Township High School Reviews
Rating 3.65 out of 5 231 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I attended Manheim Township ever since kindergarten and I graduated from there. During my time there as a student, I would always say I hated it but honestly after graduating, I feel so honored and blessed to have been able to attend Manheim Township. I feel as though I got an amazing education and could always seek help when and if it was needed! The teachers are excellent and the environment is excellent as well.
What I liked about Manheim Township High School was the opportunities that it would bring to their students. Whether it was academics or athletics, there were a lot of opportunities to create a bond or unity with each other. Though, there seems to be a societal hierarchy like every other high school. For me, I was just flowing, just trying to get my schoolwork done and get out to the real world. Overall, I would say that my experience at Manheim Township was good, but it could have been better if I applied myself to more things.
I loved the activities and teachers at Manheim Township. I just graduated this month in June 2020. I was part of the music and performing arts department, and video production, which was a fun experience. The teachers really care about their students and love to teach. I wasn't in sports, but many of our teams made it to championships including the football and basketball team. One thing I would change about the school is that it needs a little more Diversity.