Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Manheim Central Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Manheim, PA. It has 982 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 76% in reading.
Manheim Central Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B96 Students
- A+89 Students
- A-63 Students
- A53 Students
- B45 Students
- B43 Students
- B-35 Students
- A+34 Students
- B29 Students
- B28 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.28 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.26 responses
Schools like Manheim Central Senior High School
- BAnnville-Cleona Secondary School
- Annville-Cleona School District, PA
- 85 reviews
- B-Eastern Lebanon County Senior High School
- Eastern Lebanon County School District, PA
- 121 reviews
- A-Palmyra Area Senior High School
- Palmyra Area School District, PA
- 154 reviews
- BElizabethtown Area Senior High School
- Elizabethtown Area School District, PA
- 136 reviews
Manheim Central Senior High School Reviews
I have been a student of the Manheim Central School District since I was in Kindergarten, and now I am a Junior in high school. My experience with the high school has been very enjoyable. The teachers are not very strict with the dress code, which goes over very well with the student body. There is a fantastic selection of clubs and athletics, so there is great opportunity for the students to be involved outside of the classroom. Each teacher seems to care for their students and makes sure to give each student the attention they need to succeed. The administration is very responsible and has good relationships with the learners. Mr. Weitzel, the principle, especially makes it a point to speak to the students at lunch and show up at sporting events to support the athletes. There is a great support of the arts at the high school as well. We have a theater program, an orchestra, band, choir, and a focus on the visual arts. Overall, Manheim Central High School is a wonderful school.
I love the teachers at Manheim Central High School and their willingness to invest in the students and their welfare. The academics are very rigorous and challenging enough for me but also allow those who struggle in school to get the attention they need. Our athletics department is very strong as well as our music and art departments, displaying a very well-rounded school. However, the building has not been renovated in about twenty years, so the interior is not very attractive. The school also lacks air conditioning except in a few rooms, and the science wing especially gets very hot during the early and later months of the school year.
Manheim Central High School provides very sought after educational options and good staffing for most of said classes. There is a wide range of classes for Language, Social Studies, Math, Science, Business and much more and each class for the most part has good teachers that will help you with your educational experience. The diversity is poor sadly and eighty percent of students are from white suburban families. Sports especially football is praised here and a little too much. No other sports get to shine here and can be looked over unless your doing really good, and for the most part, the sports teams here are good.