Manhattan High School is a top rated, public school located in Manhattan, KS. It has 1,639 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 39% of students are at least proficient in math and 48% in reading.
Manhattan High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A392 Students
- A176 Students
- B-68 Students
- B47 Students
- B-42 Students
- A+31 Students
- A+27 Students
- A+26 Students
- B-24 Students
- A+24 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.34 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.34 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 81 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.51 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.51 responses
Schools like Manhattan High School
- ARock Creek Junior/Senior High School
- Rock Creek Unified School District, KS
- 54 reviews
- B+Junction City Senior High School
- Geary County Schools, KS
- 245 reviews
- A-Wamego High School
- Wamego Unified School District, KS
- 68 reviews
- BRiley County High School
- Riley County Unified School District, KS
- 61 reviews
Manhattan High School Reviews
Manhattan High School is, for the most part, a wonderful school with a mostly wonderful staff. However, there are a few things I think could be changed in order to make it better. For one, many of the hardest working, smartest, studious people are not recognized. They love to congratulate and acknowledge the athletes but the quiet, intelligent, students do not receive the same praise. For another, some of the teachers are only teachers for the sole purpose of being a coach. They give endless chances and unearned grades to their athletes; and they don’t focus on teaching/the lesson plans.
I loved my time at Manhattan High. I was given a lot of opportunities to be involved. For example, I was in Spanish club and FCA. I also wrestled there. The staff is awesome and I learned everything I need to be prepared for college!
I loved the school spirit, and the club opportunities! However I wish our administration had more of a backbone when it came to punishments. I also wish they didn't favor athletes over everyone else.