Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade A minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A minus
- Health & Safetygrade B
- Administrationgrade B+
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade C+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Manhattan High School is a highly rated, public school located in Manhattan, KS. It has 1,777 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 40% in reading.
Manhattan High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A569 Students
- grade A minus267 Students
- grade B minus99 Students
- grade B85 Students
- grade B68 Students
- grade B60 Students
- grade A+48 Students
- grade A+42 Students
- grade A+39 Students
- grade B+35 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B minus
- Good for Familiesgrade A+
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 40 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 40 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 95 responses
- Athletic Events26%
- People always seem to get excited for athletics17%
- Football game themes13%
- Pep rallies2%
grade A minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 46 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 46 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 46 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 57 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 57 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 57 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade A minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$11,680 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 57 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 57 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 57 responses
Schools like Manhattan High School
- grade A minusRock Creek Junior/Senior High School
- Rock Creek Unified School District, KS
- Rating 4.15 out of 5 62 reviews
- grade BJunction City Senior High School
- Geary County Schools, KS
- Rating 3.74 out of 5 296 reviews
- grade BWamego High School
- Wamego Unified School District, KS
- Rating 3.91 out of 5 77 reviews
- grade BRiley County High School
- Riley County Unified School District, KS
- Rating 3.38 out of 5 66 reviews
Manhattan High School Reviews
Rating 3.83 out of 5 352 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
My experience at Manhattan High School has been great! I really enjoy the school because there is so much opportunity there to really pursue whatever you want. I'm an avid writer so being able to be an active participant in my school's newspaper has been a joy! With that comes being apart of my school's yearbook and other forms of publications that I have a lot of interest in. Besides journalism, there are a tremendous amount of other clubs and organizations that MHS has to offer.
Manhattan High School offers a wide variety of courses that are beneficial to their students. The school offers both AP classes and dual credit courses with a local college. The school is expanding every year along with the courses that are offered. There are more clubs than anyone could imagine, ranging from political, foreign language, community service, environmental, academic, and many more clubs. The atmosphere in the classrooms are nice, you can tell that the teachers are really there for the students. Personally, I believe my advisor has been amazing at getting my advisory class information about post-secondary options and adult life plans. The school also offers courses like personal finance that help with college readiness as well. Manhattan High School offers their students an amazing education while prepping them for the road ahead, I wholeheartedly recommend this school and the faculty members who make this school function as well as it does.
Manhattan High School is a very welcoming place. There are always administrators standing outside every morning welcoming students and staff in, even if it's so cold out they have to be wearing coats and gloves. The teachers seem to really love what they're doing and are all very kind and caring. The environment is very positive and it's very diverse in activities, clubs, and sports. Manhattan High has always made sure safety is one of their top priorities as well.