Manhattan High School is a highly rated, public school located in Manhattan, KS. It has 1,676 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 29% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Manhattan High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-491 Students
- A-227 Students
- B-87 Students
- B72 Students
- B61 Students
- B46 Students
- A+41 Students
- A+39 Students
- A+36 Students
- A+30 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.39 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.39 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 94 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.56 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.56 responses
Schools like Manhattan High School
- A-Rock Creek Junior/Senior High School
- Rock Creek Unified School District, KS
- 57 reviews
- BJunction City Senior High School
- Geary County Schools, KS
- 275 reviews
- B+Wamego High School
- Wamego Unified School District, KS
- 70 reviews
- BRiley County High School
- Riley County Unified School District, KS
- 66 reviews
Manhattan High School Reviews
I've jumped from school to school for a good part of my life; and with that I have had both bad and good experiences with different public schools. Manhattan High School is, comparably, a great high school. There are many extra curricular activities, the lunches have a good selection, and there's a lot of teachers that are honest and helpful to the students and parents. It also has options available for AP courses and free college credit courses that transfer easily between most of the schools in Kansas. The one thing that darkened my overall experience was the amount of homework in some classes. With working a part time job, out-of-school activities, and college level classes, I was getting very little sleep- if any. So, good school, but be aware of an increased workload from several nearby school districts.
Manhattan Highschool is an incredibly welcoming school. Every students will find a class, program, club, etc. tailored to their interests. This school's administrastion strives each day to serve every student, no matter their academic success or their background. Manhattan High allows each student to reach incredible measures of success of they choose so. Programs like the National Honors Society, the Gifted Program, and simply each teachers' willingness to help their students achieve their dreams.
My Manhattan High experience overall has been pretty ok.Most of the teachers go out of their way to help students in any way they can. The school's security is pretty poor. I have heard some sexist and rasict remarks from a few administrators which is concerning that nothing has been done to remove them from their position. Manhattan High is not very diverse it is a majority of white and asain students. Some of the changes I would like to see is the removal of certian sexist and rascist administration. I also think the school needs to find a way to collect funds. The ceilings leak almost everytime it rains, the computers are extremely laggy, and the school lunches are not enough to satisfy students. Despite the changes that need to be made I think Manhattan High does a pretty good job when it comes to getting students ready for college by having AP and dual credit classes.