Manhattan High School is a top rated, public school located in Manhattan, KS. It has 1,639 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 39% of students are at least proficient in math and 48% in reading.
Manhattan High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A449 Students
- A201 Students
- B-73 Students
- B59 Students
- B+55 Students
- B39 Students
- A+34 Students
- A+32 Students
- A+30 Students
- A+27 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.36 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.36 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 85 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.53 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.53 responses
Schools like Manhattan High School
- A-Rock Creek Junior/Senior High School
- Rock Creek Unified School District, KS
- 57 reviews
- BJunction City Senior High School
- Geary County Schools, KS
- 259 reviews
- BWamego High School
- Wamego Unified School District, KS
- 68 reviews
- BRiley County High School
- Riley County Unified School District, KS
- 62 reviews
Manhattan High School Reviews
I’ve attended 2 years of Manhattan High School, and so far I love it. We actually have two high schools; one is for only the freshman classes and the other high school is for the rest of the classes (Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors). If I had to describe MHS in one word, it would be spirited. I love how there are numerous classes you can take here at Manhattan High. I can’t decide what classes to take in order to prepare me for college, and it’s a great problem to have. The teachers I’ve had so far have given me the right dosage of insight and fun. They out in a lot of effort in order for us students to succeed. Also, they’re willing to work with you if you are having trouble with a subject which really gives you the 1-on-1 attention students like myself need. I love having the options and the opportunites to not just excel in the classroom, but excel in other aspects of our high school. I participate in many of our outside-of- school activities.
I think that I enjoyed how welcoming the faculty were to new students during my time at the high school. However, one way to improve on this is to incorporate more organizations for students with different interests as to show how the school is open to multiple extracurricular activities. Also, perhaps emphasizing courses or programs that can assist students in how to complete certain things such as filling out proper tax information, managing a budget or other activities they will need to do in the future. Other than this I found my experience there to be very worth wile in helping me academically to grow as I prepared to enter college.
I like how the teachers want you to learn. They actually do their job and make fun learning by making you participate in your learning and pushing you out of your comfort zone to make you a better person and a better learner. On top of the school itself, the extracurricular activities are amazing. They have so many different clubs and sports and after school program. There is something for everyone to do, including everyone from age and gender. My experience at MHS has so far been really good, I've gotten great grades, I participate and multiple sports and attend a wide range of classes. The students at MHS are just as good as the teachers, they are loving and open to everyone. The students also take pride in our school which can be seen at every sporting event we have.