Manhasset Secondary School is an elite, public school located in Manhasset, NY. It has 1,092 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 99% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Manhasset Secondary School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+80 Students
- A+61 Students
- A+59 Students
- A-56 Students
- A+56 Students
- A-54 Students
- A+45 Students
- A+42 Students
- A-38 Students
- A38 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Schools like Manhasset Secondary School
- A+Pelham Memorial High School
- Pelham Union Free School District, NY
- 118 reviews
- A+Plainview-Old Bethpage John F. Kennedy High School
- Plainview-Old Bethpage Central School District, NY
- 220 reviews
- A+Great Neck North High School
- Great Neck Public Schools, NY
- 80 reviews
- A+Roslyn High School
- Roslyn Union Free School District, NY
- 106 reviews
Manhasset Secondary School Reviews
As a native US citizen whose parents are immigrants that came from overseas, I would love to see some more diversity in the student and teacher population. This may naturally take place over time, however, in the meantime there could be substantial progress in the departments of the celebration of diverse backgrounds as well as the general school spirit. Students' attitudes, as they are at most schools, are extremely negative towards school. The fact that this is an issue in schools across the board is no excuse for its prescence, and the administration must take appropriate actions. It may be considered naive of me, but I truly believe that school can be an enjoyable experience for all under the right circumstances. Learning new knowledge can be highly rewarding when students' mentalities are properly catered to. On a lighter note, the food is comparably better in quality and nutrition than most schools.
Most teachers are very educated and were top of their own class in college. Everyone uses technology in their lesson plans: smart board, google classroom, etc. Manhasset is a blue ribbon school district in New York State so teachers take pride in being a faculty member and claim they fought hard to get the job at the school. However, teachers commonly fall into what parents call the "tenure cushion"... After receiving tenure, teachers lose motivation to help struggling students and to go above and beyond. They no longer care about whether a student receives an A or a C on exams and finals. Teachers verbalize to their classes that they are protected under tenure and will be unaffected with our general satisfaction of the class. Teachers almost completely lose interest in classes with seniors. They basically beg the students to care about the course and to be attentive in class, yet most teachers don't even have set lesson plans for students. Also, I have found that some teachers make personal opinions about students based on stereotypes! Teachers will decide if they like or dislike a student based on what they look like and what they "seem" like.
The Manhasset school district is one of the very best, they want their students to do their very best. They offer a multitude of many sports to choose from. They have so many clubs the students can get involved in, as well as many volunteer opportunities. There is something for everyone. The parents are fully involved in PTA meetings, their voices are heard, and many volunteer opportunities exist for them. A nice small town where everyone knows everyone, and their their children. We look out for one another, and our children. Their is so much opportunity here when you graduate. Top rated colleges and universities in N.Y.C. and nearby. Many opportunities for employment and internships in N.Y.C.