Manchester Township High School is a public school located in Manchester, NJ. It has 1,002 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 15% of students are at least proficient in math and 25% in reading.
Manchester Township High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+84 Students
- B+77 Students
- B+68 Students
- A67 Students
- B-62 Students
- B+61 Students
- A57 Students
- B+46 Students
- A+40 Students
- B+36 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 31 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Schools like Manchester Township High School
- C+Lakewood High School
- Lakewood School District, NJ
- 110 reviews
- BCentral Regional High School
- Central Regional School District, NJ
- 180 reviews
- BJackson Liberty High School
- Jackson Township School District, NJ
- 154 reviews
- B-Barnegat High School
- Barnegat Township School District, NJ
- 153 reviews
Manchester Township High School Reviews
I like the majority of teachers at my school. There are many excellent teachers that helped guide me through high school. However, there are some things that I would like to change. I feel that my school limits creativity of it's students. Our school has removed senior quotes in the yearbook, does not allow students to paint parking spaces, and has very few spirit days. I also am a member of the gymnastics team at Manchester. Unfortunately, we do not have our own equipment and do not get much recognition. I feel that our top scores should be hung on the wall like all of the other sports. Although I do feel that Manchester Township High School is a good school, there are changes that could be made.
Manchester Twp High School is a friendly, safe environment that provided me with the sound education that granted me access to the medical program I am currently enrolled in. I recently was granted admission to Stockton's Pre-Med Program. My AP credits grained from this high school and the lessons I learned in their many extracurricular activities; Marching Band, NJROTC, and Golf. I loved my time at Manchester and gladly would do it all over again.
Through the 4 years, Manchester was a decent experience. From the field to in the classroom I have made a bunch of memories. With that being said, many things could be changed, starting with the way students are behaving because I believe students get away with a lot of things they should not. through the years, many things have been changed or taken away from what administration thinks is inappropriate but to the students it took away a lot of fun and it really had no harm, like senior blackout. Overall for a student athlete this school has given me a lot of happiness and It is not how everyone says it is, it is fun and enjoyable when you actually see the good, not dwell on the bad like teens tend to do.