Manchester Junior/Senior High School is an above average, public school located in N Manchester, IN. It has 729 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Manchester Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+67 Students
- B61 Students
- A+56 Students
- A51 Students
- B-48 Students
- B+35 Students
- B27 Students
- A-23 Students
- B+23 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like Manchester Junior/Senior High School
- B-Wabash High School
- Wabash City Schools, IN
- 44 reviews
- B-North Miami Middle/High School
- North Miami Community Schools, IN
- 32 reviews
- C+Northfield Junior/Senior High School
- Metropolitan School District of Wabash County, IN
- 28 reviews
- B-Whitko High School
- Whitko Community School Corporation, IN
- 100 reviews
Manchester Junior/Senior High School Reviews
Compared to other Indiana schools, including some that I have been to myself, Manchester JR/SR High School isn´t too bad. It´s a good school overall--pretty average as well, I´d say. Some of the teachers are quite excellent at their jobs, while others are absolutely awful. Manchester´s ways of funding are also poor. This school funds the football, tennis, volleyball, and etcetera teams quite well, while this school can´t seem to find any money left in their pockets when it comes to the Arts. Marching Band, Theatre, Winter Guard, Band, and even Choir are all sports/activities that are funded poorly throughout this school. Manchester JR/SR High School has its highs and lows, and it´s up to you to decide what is what.
School is smaller so you can always find someone to ask for help, or just to talk to. Everyone here is kind and there is rarely any type of bullying. With this school, the classes are easy to follow and yet small enough that if you are struggling you can always find help right around the corner. The sports here are pretty diverse and have many different options as well, but if your not into sports the music program is also very strong`
As a senior at Manchester Junior/Senior High school, I have had almost all my high school experiences here. The size of the school is perfect and the teachers are usually nice. It is well kept and the janitors are always friendly. The only thing I would like to see change is the lunches. It is slightly crowded most days and if the line is long students have 10-15 minutes to eat.