Manchester High School is an above average, public school located in Manchester, CT. It has 1,534 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 21% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Manchester High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A283 Students
- B143 Students
- B142 Students
- B+117 Students
- B-107 Students
- B-99 Students
- B-97 Students
- B-81 Students
- A+57 Students
- A53 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.32 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.32 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.56 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.66 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.66 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.66 responses
Schools like Manchester High School
- B-East Hartford High School
- East Hartford School District, CT
- 276 reviews
- B+Windsor High School
- Windsor School District, CT
- 211 reviews
- B+Middletown High School
- Middletown School District, CT
- 237 reviews
- C+Windham High School
- Windham School District, CT
- 101 reviews
Manchester High School Reviews
In my four years at MHS I have had a great experience. There have been quite a few teachers here who have had a profound influence on me both academically and personally, without their guidance and support I wouldn't have the opportunities, experiences, and support that has helped shape the person I am today. The extracurricular and clubs are abundant with something for anyone. According to this site we are the most diverse highschool in CT, which is entirely apparent to anyone who steps foot in this school as I have made friends from people from all walks of life. I have had friends from Ghana, Bangladesh, France, and more. It really allows everyone here to connect to new perspectives and garner a more global outlook.
I’ve been to different high schools and MHS is by far the best. It’s not perfect but it’s honestly the most enjoyable school I’ve ever been to. The teachers are super helpful and understanding. The work is enough for you to feel challenged, but not overwhelmed at your level. The people there are great. Yes there are your normal “cliques” and social issues because it is high school, but it is here that I made friends fast, and not only that, but I made close friends who I can picture being in my life years after high school.
My experience in Manchester High School was an excellent one. I made a lot of progress academically, made connections that will last me a lifetime, and was able to help others do the same. It is because of my mentors that I can say, I am a college student, and for that I am eternally grateful. The only thing I would like to see change in is, all the help that is available for students needs to be more apparent. If not, they won't know that it is there for them.