Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Manchester Essex Regional High School is a highly rated, public school located in Manchester, MA. It has 471 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Manchester Essex Regional High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A114 Students
- A-60 Students
- A+48 Students
- A+47 Students
- B+46 Students
- A+36 Students
- A33 Students
- B33 Students
- A+28 Students
- A27 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 5 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Schools like Manchester Essex Regional High School
- AMasconomet Regional High School
- Masconomet Public Schools, MA
- 284 reviews
- AHamilton-Wenham Regional High School
- Hamilton-Wenham Regional School District, MA
- 148 reviews
- AMarblehead High School
- Marblehead Public Schools, MA
- 151 reviews
- A-Newburyport High School
- Newburyport Public Schools, MA
- 97 reviews
Manchester Essex Regional High School Reviews
MERHS has a great educational track for students of all kinds. The teachers and administration want to see and bring the best out of their students and they challenge their students. The school culture and diversity is fairly one dimensional, I feel as if I have been in a bubble for much of my life. However, the sports and extracurriculars are stellar, the school does an excellent job of giving its students options too. The school is very small, but it's also on the newer side and known for being one of the more environmentally safe schools in the area. The classrooms are all lit well and equipped with the proper technology to run a professional and effective class. The teachers are interesting people and all encourage the students to pursue their dreams. Overall, the school is very good and prepares its students for the outside world.
A small school system provides for more one on one excess with teachers. Almost all teachers want to help the students succeed and are helpful when students need help. I could complain about things in the school that aren't perfect or even corrupt but the fact of the matter is, any child coming out of this school system will have received or had the opportunity to receive an above-average education. Even though it is arguable that this school may not be "any better" than your average school, the fundamentals of the system set up students to graduate well-rounded and succeed in whatever he/she succeeds in.
I graduated from MERHS in 2018. Our senior year was awful. Administration liked to take away privileges for all seniors because of the actions for a few. Also, many cases of bullying, harassment, etc. are all swept under the rug, not reported to the state and/or do not result in the proper punishment of the bully. The administration worries way too much about the reputation of the school and district that they often ignore the feelings and needs of the students. MERHS has dropped significantly in the "best public schools/districts" list in the past few years, yet they are still way too worried about the reputation of the school, which is actually ruining all that is left of it.