Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Man Senior High School is a public school located in Man, WV. It has 414 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 8% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-96 Students
- A-64 Students
- C51 Students
- C35 Students
- B31 Students
- C+27 Students
- B-26 Students
- C-24 Students
- B+19 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 5 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Man Senior High School
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.4 responses
Man Senior High School Reviews
The teachers are very thoughtful and care about the students! Most teachers are very blunt and interactive. The bathrooms break down a lot and constant sewer problems are abundant. The vice principle is so kind and works hard to discipline and uplift troubled students. She offers guidance to children who have none at home. The principle is unfair and rude. The athletic program at Man varies by sport. Volleyball has an excellent program, but the football program is severely lacking in the coaching department. The education is behind the times. The technology is also lacking. I believe if Man had more money for technology and more classes, it could be an excellent school. I feel as if the teachers tried to prepare me for college, but failed to do so.
I went into Man Senior High School my senior year after attending schools in the same area my whole life. My family decided they wanted to move and I was very nervous to transfer schools after going throughout almost all my school years with the same people every year. I didn't know how the transition would be, but overall it was a great experience. All the teachers were very kind to me and the students were very accepting. The teachers never allowed anyone to feel left out and would make an effort in any way they could to make a difference in each of the kids life who walked their way. While I was there I was accepted to be a part of the NHS as well as Beta-Club. Both organizations gave me multiple opportunities and memories that will last a life-time!
Would love to see a lot change. I love my school, glad I was a part of the Man High Hillbillies. I would like to see the school more diverse and open minded. The parents more involved in students lives. Also bullying shouldn't be tolerated. Telling on students who bully others doesn't help. Then when a fight happens because a student is sick of being the victim they just end up suspended so the one bulling is never repremanded.