Mamaroneck High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+98 Students
- A+85 Students
- A+81 Students
- A-79 Students
- A+72 Students
- A69 Students
- A+59 Students
- A+58 Students
- A+57 Students
- A+56 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 16 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
Schools like Mamaroneck High School
- A+Greenwich High School
- Greenwich School District, CT
- 344 reviews
- A+Tenafly High School
- Tenafly Public Schools, NJ
- 86 reviews
- A+Harrison High School
- Harrison Central School District, NY
- 92 reviews
- A+Paul D. Schreiber Senior High School
- Port Washington Union Free School District, NY
- 190 reviews
Mamaroneck High School Reviews
I am currently a Mamaroneck High School senior taking mainly arts classes such as Advanced Dance, Music, and theater as well as Concert Chior and a small all girl singin group called InTreble. This is a great school for the arts, as it has two theaters, a dance studio, three music rooms, and a number of practice rooms. Each space is fully equipped with instruments, lights, and sound. You can do up to eight shows a year, not including small recitals or other events. The English department is very strong and boasts a fantastic staff and curriculum. The other subject areas are about average for high school. Mamaroneck has a number of sports teams, varsity and JV, as well as many club sports. The gym and practice facilities are being completely renovated this summer.
Mamaroneck High School has a big divide. It's either privileged white kids or hispanic kids from Mamaroneck who have a hard time speaking English. Academics are decent, but teachers could definitely be better. Some are great and some are horrific.
Mamaroneck High School was a very interesting school. There is a great division between races, and I personally think there is a lot of segregation. I would be in classrooms where I would be the only latina in the class and I would feel out of place because everyone else knew or had someone they could talk to . I wish i could have been more involved in sports during my four years there. I made very strong relationships with the teachers and became very close to my guidance counselor.