Mamaroneck High School is an elite, public school located in Mamaroneck, NY. It has 1,482 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 98% of students are at least proficient in math and 98% in reading.
Mamaroneck High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+102 Students
- A+88 Students
- A-87 Students
- A+86 Students
- A76 Students
- A+75 Students
- A+60 Students
- A+59 Students
- A+58 Students
- A+57 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
Schools like Mamaroneck High School
- A+Greenwich High School
- Greenwich School District, CT
- 351 reviews
- A+Tenafly High School
- Tenafly Public Schools, NJ
- 88 reviews
- A+Harrison High School
- Harrison Central School District, NY
- 93 reviews
- A+Paul D. Schreiber Senior High School
- Port Washington Union Free School District, NY
- 190 reviews
Mamaroneck High School Reviews
My high school experience has been very good. It's given me an opportunity to grow as both a student and a person. The school gives a very large opportunity to succeed academically with the wide variety of class choices you receive as well as the bountiful hours of extra help teachers offer. Outside of classes, the school offers many clubs and great athletic teams with coaches that really care for the team. While there are a few things here and there that are a bit irritable, my experience at Mamaroneck High School has been great.
I loved my experience with Mamaroneck High School. The school provides countless opportunities no matter what one might be interested in. From robotics to athletics to performing arts, MHS provides possibilities for any student to pursue their passions. The teachers are excellent and know what they're doing, the preparation for college applications is well thought out, and there are over 25 sports teams at MHS.
I am currently a Mamaroneck High School senior taking mainly arts classes such as Advanced Dance, Music, and theater as well as Concert Chior and a small all girl singin group called InTreble. This is a great school for the arts, as it has two theaters, a dance studio, three music rooms, and a number of practice rooms. Each space is fully equipped with instruments, lights, and sound. You can do up to eight shows a year, not including small recitals or other events. The English department is very strong and boasts a fantastic staff and curriculum. The other subject areas are about average for high school. Mamaroneck has a number of sports teams, varsity and JV, as well as many club sports. The gym and practice facilities are being completely renovated this summer.