Mamaroneck High School
- Mamaroneck, NY
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A+
- Diversitygrade B+
- Teachersgrade A+
- College Prepgrade A+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade A minus
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade A minus
Mamaroneck High School is a top rated, public school located in Mamaroneck, NY. It has 1,616 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 97% in reading.
Mamaroneck High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+192 Students
- grade A+171 Students
- grade A minus151 Students
- grade A+148 Students
- grade A141 Students
- grade A+126 Students
- grade A+89 Students
- grade A+88 Students
- grade A+87 Students
- grade A minus87 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C minus
- Good for Familiesgrade A
- Housinggrade C minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 22 responses
- School concerts, Assemblies (such as MLK Day)41%
- Pi Day23%
- Lumberjack Day9%
- Pep rallies5%
- Spirit Week5%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 14 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$24,377 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 22 responses
Schools like Mamaroneck High School
- grade A+Greenwich High School
- Greenwich School District, CT
- Rating 3.87 out of 5 444 reviews
- grade A+Tenafly High School
- Tenafly Public School District, NJ
- Rating 3.91 out of 5 123 reviews
- grade A+Harrison High School
- Harrison Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.87 out of 5 113 reviews
- grade A+Paul D. Schreiber Senior High School
- Port Washington Union Free School District, NY
- Rating 3.95 out of 5 229 reviews
Mamaroneck High School Reviews
Rating 4.08 out of 5 145 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I had a good experience at the high school. I had good teachers every year and a lot of support from social workers and my guidance counselor. I always had the support I needed. They have a lot of clubs and I was involved in Model UN, movie club, and the culinary club. The teachers were all very interested in their subjects they taught and made students interested as well. It is an open campus meaning you can leave campus to get a snack, walk around campus, and eat lunch anywhere in the building. It is easy to get around even though it is a huge school. There are many different groups to get involved in and a ton of organizations. They have sports including track, football, baseball, and even skiing and bowling.
Overall the experience at MHS is what you make of it. When I was a student I tried really hard and took the most advanced classes to ensure I was in decent shape to go off to college. I prepared myself well and used the resources available to me. It is important to seek out your own opportunities here and reach out for help/guidance when you need it. There are dozens of ways to get involved in formal activities at MHS (wether that's elective courses or clubs or sports) which make it easy to find something you like. The teachers are professional, relatable, knowledgable, and are supportive of their students. I am deeply grateful to the teachers I had at MHS, for they really changed my life and prepared me for the future.
Mamaroneck High School is really what you make of it and there is a place for everyone in the community. The school has around 100 clubs which anyone can be a part of. In addition, there are sports teams and other extracurricular offerings. The school has resources to help students with the college process, with job opportunities, and more. The teachers are more than willing to help students as long as the student makes an effort.