Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B+
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade A+
- College Prepgrade B+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade A
- Sportsgrade A minus
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B+
Malverne Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Malverne, NY. It has 549 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Malverne Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus124 Students
- grade B97 Students
- grade A+94 Students
- grade B+85 Students
- grade A minus67 Students
- grade B65 Students
- grade B63 Students
- grade A+60 Students
- grade B48 Students
- grade A+46 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C
- Good for Familiesgrade A+
- Housinggrade B minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 46 responses
- Pep Rally26%
- Sports night24%
- Christmas vacation celebration day before break17%
- Volleyball tournament7%
- Breast Cancer Awareness Walk4%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$33,525 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 21 responses
Schools like Malverne Senior High School
- grade B+Valley Stream North High School
- Valley Stream Central High School District, NY
- Rating 3.71 out of 5 143 reviews
- grade ADivision Avenue Senior High School
- Levittown Union Free School District, NY
- Rating 3.8 out of 5 240 reviews
- grade AEast Meadow High School
- East Meadow Union Free School District, NY
- Rating 3.82 out of 5 261 reviews
- grade A minusHicksville High School
- Hicksville Union Free School District, NY
- Rating 3.72 out of 5 246 reviews
Malverne Senior High School Reviews
Rating 3.87 out of 5 132 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Originally, I was going to rate the school as "poor". I then realized that my gripes with the high school experience were not a result of the school itself, but rather the climate of my life surrounding it. When looking at the school as a whole, it is a very diverse, very welcoming place. The teachers there genuinely care about your grades, but more importantly your well being. The school's music program is exceptional with the championship winning Marching Band and Select Choir, as well as an ever-growing and magnificent theater program. Malverne Senior High School also provides a multitude of AP classes and sports, both of which are great. Overall, I am very glad to have spent 3- going on four -years there.
Malverne High School is a great place to go to school. The environment is great and the teachers and faculty are very involved in helping their students succeed. The school size is on the smaller side but it really lends itself to making you feel like the people that you are surrounded with are your family. The teachers, in my opinion, are excellent. They're always willing to help their students whether that's staying for extra help or helping on their off periods. The faculty is very dedicated to making our high school experience great and making sure they are supplying us with the tools we need to succeed. As far as making sure the students are well prepared for the next step in our education, the guidance councilors do a great job. They really take a little of the stress of applying to college off of the students back by being very helpful and always willing to listen to their concerns or problems. Overall the school is great and is a great place to be.
Malverne H.S is an excellent school, the teachers are completely dedicated to our education. We respect each other cultures by having yearly cultural activities. The community supports the school. I am a member of the Pride of Malverne marching band for the last 3years. The fire department, police department, surrounding business and the entire community support us 100%. We are currently the NY State division champions, i still remember the day we return from winning the competition, the entire community was waiting to celebrate with us. I will miss my high school after graduation, but I will back to support my school every chance I get.