Malden High School is a highly rated, public school located in Malden, MA. It has 1,833 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 76% of students are at least proficient in math and 89% in reading.
Malden High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A264 Students
- B+247 Students
- A+234 Students
- A+178 Students
- A+138 Students
- C+134 Students
- B-134 Students
- B+124 Students
- A+112 Students
- B84 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 67 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.41 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.43 responses
Malden High School Reviews
Malden High School is a wonderful school and I am honored to have been able to attend it for four years. My favorite thing about Malden High School is its diversity. Walking into the cafeteria during a lunch day, one can note people from literally all around the world. This has made for one of the most educating and amazing experiences I ever could have asked for. I have been able to learn so much about different cultures first hand through my friendships with so many incredible people from all around the globe. Secondly, Malden's teaching staff are outstanding. They are dedicated to the lives of their students, and work hard to provide for them what is needed in the classroom as well as to fight against racist and sexist norms found in American school systems. I am constantly impressed by and grateful for these teachers' influences in my life.
Throughout Malden High, I have learned to be more involved with school activities. This adds to the experience of meeting new people and being able to fit in comfortably with what you like to do. One of the big factors I like about Malden High is the fact that it’s quite diverse, constantly seeing and meeting people of different cultures and backgrounds that other schools do not have. For the past couple of years, changes from the school system created more of a negative impact than expected. Adjusting the time schedule and the fluctuation of faculty members each year has been problematic over time. Comparing the school system between my freshman year and senior year, I would prefer freshman year.
I believe Malden High School is a very diverse school with a wide variety of cultures integrating well with one another. The staff are very engaging with the students and care about the students not just inside the building, but their physical and emotional health as well. The sports teams are very competitive with multiple levels of a range of sports, allowing students to experiment and find their "home". There are also a amplitude of clubs and activities to be a part of so there is a spot for everyone at Malden High.