Maize South High School is a highly rated, public school located in Wichita, KS. It has 772 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
3701 N. Tyler Road
Wichita, KS 67205
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-200 Students
- A144 Students
- A123 Students
- B+52 Students
- B+34 Students
- B33 Students
- B-31 Students
- A31 Students
- B+23 Students
- B21 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.34 responses
Schools like Maize South High School
- A-Maize Senior High School
- Maize Unified School District, KS
- 278 reviews
- BAndale High School
- Renwick Unified School District, KS
- 141 reviews
- A-Goddard High School
- Goddard Unified School District, KS
- 185 reviews
- BCampus High School
- Haysville Unified School District, KS
- 220 reviews
Maize South High School Reviews
Almost all of the teachers that I have studied under have been an absolute blessing! The teachers are generally very positive and passionate when it comes to teaching and aiding the mental and emotional growth of their students! Maize South High School does a great job of rewarding those who thrive academically and/or athletically. There are so many great courses and extracurricular activities to enroll in, making it very easy to find your chosen path of study or get involved in the school community. Unfortunately, they don’t always take cases of bullying seriously, but I have seen small improvements made in this department. Hopefully things will keep on improving, making the school a more comfortable and pleasing environment to learn in. In general, it truly is a fantastic school.
I moved to Maize South High School my freshman year of High School and it was terrifying going from a class of 60 kids to a class of 200 or more. However, teachers and faculty were very welcoming and helped me through everything and I made some friends along the way! Their music department brings kids from everything club and sport together and makes an amazing family. Teachers at MSHS make sure to help you without giving you the final answer. My missing star comes from individual teachers and coaches who aren’t the best at the school, and some administrators that miss some opportunities to help students. Overall, I have loved my high school experience at Maize South High School, and I will cherish every second this upcoming senior year!
Maize South is a great school all around. Their block scheduling has allowed me to focus more on my classes and has prepared me better for college. They focus on academics and encourage students to push themselves; they have a system assembled that they call "Focus" that is set up for students who have either a D or an F in a class that allows the student to get hands-on help to raise their grade with the teacher whose class they're failing in during our "Mav-Time." Man-Time is about a thirty minute break in the middle of the school day that allows the students to do their homework, talk to their teachers, and/or socialize with their friends. Maize South has teachers who truly care and will reciprocate the effort you give in. The school also is understanding of student-athletes and encourages students to diversify and go out of their comfort zones to try new things. I am a student-athlete who is in madrigals and take honors classes, and I am very proud to go to Maize South.