Maize Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Maize, KS. It has 1,368 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 35% of students are at least proficient in math and 35% in reading.
11600 W 45th St N
Maize, KS 67101
Maize Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-290 Students
- A218 Students
- A202 Students
- B+72 Students
- B-57 Students
- B56 Students
- B53 Students
- A46 Students
- A44 Students
- B41 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.27 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.27 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 99 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.43 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.48 responses
Schools like Maize Senior High School
- A-Maize South High School
- Maize Unified School District, KS
- 258 reviews
- BCampus High School
- Haysville Unified School District, KS
- 220 reviews
- BAndale High School
- Renwick Unified School District, KS
- 141 reviews
- A-Goddard High School
- Goddard Unified School District, KS
- 185 reviews
Maize Senior High School Reviews
My experience at Maize Senior High School for all of my 4 years were great! I met a lot of new faces, people all over the school! It's different to see and learn about people from Paris, Germany, Russia and Italy. My last year of high school they had gave every student their own Chromebooks. It makes life a whole lot easier! One thing I would possibly have to change is us (the students) not being able to walk the halls at lunch, some people just want to get exercise! Maize Senior High School is the best high school anyone could go to!
My experience at Maize High School has been very good so far. There are many teachers at Maize High that I will remember forever, and who have made lasting impressions on my character and knowledge alike. However, there are some teachers who seem to be less self-aware, and this causes them to seem dull or even ignorant. The administration, I would say, is very in tune with the students and respects them deeply. There are a minute few administrators who make themselves out to be the "bad guys" by coming off as too strict or downright crude to students. These seemingly bad qualities are far in-between luckily. The facilities are constantly being updated, and broken things are fixed as soon as possible. I would say that Maize High School is a very great school with minor problems that are over shined by the great staff and the enjoyable learning experiences.
The overall experience was good. As with everyone, some of the teachers were not as involved with there students and you could tell they really didn't care. Other teachers would put in extra time with students and build actual relationships with each student. The school is getting better at preparing for college. They are putting more focus on act scores to help students and offer multiple college classes, although if you plan on going out of state or to a four year university, the college classes are useless as they don't often transfer as you'd like or at all. The only other thing that needs major improvement is administration working with the mca.