Maine-Endwell Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Endwell, NY. It has 742 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Maine-Endwell Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-100 Students
- C66 Students
- A-53 Students
- A+41 Students
- B37 Students
- A-37 Students
- B36 Students
- B-31 Students
- A30 Students
- A-28 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 44 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Schools like Maine-Endwell Senior High School
- AVestal Senior High School
- Vestal Central School District, NY
- 132 reviews
- B+Chenango Forks High School
- Chenango Forks Central School District, NY
- 76 reviews
- B+Owego Free Academy
- Owego-Apalachin Central School District, NY
- 55 reviews
- B+Chenango Valley High School
- Chenango Valley Central School District, NY
- 34 reviews
Maine-Endwell Senior High School Reviews
Overall the school is very well kept and everyone is involved in school activities. Not only are the academic ratings high the extra-curricular activities such as sports are very popular. Our school takes part in many musicals and plays due to a well organized music department. As far as the teachers they are all very welcoming and accept each and every student. The teachers go out of their way each and every day to help a different student in not only school life but their personal life as well! Maine Endwell High School has shown me the true meaning of a family, I can always count on the teachers and fellow classmates if I ever need to talk about anything or if I need help in my life.
The students are very committed and are very competitive. Athletics is very loved and the whole community supports them! They are great at sports, too. Art and music are very important, as well! Being creative, having fun, being with friends, and determination are very important to the students! Faculty are very supportive and very involved with what the students love and are doing. Two things that are majorly important here is SADD (Students Against Distracted Driving use to be Students Against Drunk Driving) and an LGBTQ Alliance club these two clubs are highly supported and highly loved! Students know what they want!
Overall I enjoyed my time spent at Maine Endwell very much. I had been at the high school for all four years and graduated from there. I was involved in cross country and track, and took many AP and college classes. Maine Endwell is a great place to go to achieve great things and to get prepared for the future. However my biggest complaint is how much they focus on music. As someone who never took a single music class it is hard not to feel like an outsider here. There is such a large focus on music a majority of the students take it. There are always concerts, and you can even take four separate music classes that are each honors classes so your grade can go up to a 110. This results in the valedictorian and salutatorian nearly always being a music student since it is so hard to compete if you do not take any of these music courses.