- Private, Boarding
- PITTSFIELD, ME
COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
COVID-19 Update Learn More
- Academicsgrade A minus
- Diversitygrade B+
- Teachersgrade B minus
- College Prepgrade A minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A+
- Sportsgrade A
Maine Central Institute is an independent college preparatory day and boarding school founded in 1866.
Although adhering to upstanding and traditional educational values, MCI is progressive and broadminded, pledging to provide a comprehensive college-preparatory education to a multicultural student body diverse in talents, abilities, and interests.
In a safe and caring atmosphere, students will acquire knowledge, self-esteem, social responsibility, and the critical thinking and communication skills necessary for global citizenship and lifelong learning. A high level of rigor and expectation of excellence in all components of the school's operation is critical, whether that be the academic program, the residential program, the co-curricular activities, or the overall support system at the school. The people at MCI work diligently to focus on each student as an individual to ensure that every person grows academically, socially and physically, and becomes a positive global citizen.
Maine Central Institute Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B84 Students
- grade C+38 Students
- grade B minus34 Students
- grade B minus31 Students
- grade A+27 Students
- grade C23 Students
- grade C+22 Students
- grade C+21 Students
- grade A+15 Students
- grade A+15 Students
Beginning as early as grade 11, MCI students can take blended-learning courses to prepare for flight instruction in preparation of receiving their private pilot license. MCI's Aviation Program covers many aspects of aviation for students interested in actual flight training or aeronautical engineering after graduation.
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 8 responses
- Winter Carnival44%
- School plays and music events17%
- Spirit Week17%
- March Week for the Arts6%
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 10 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 9 responses