Maine Central Institute is an independent college preparatory day and boarding school founded in 1866. In a safe and caring atmosphere, students will acquire knowledge, self-esteem, social responsibility, and the critical thinking and communication skills necessary for global citizenship and lifelong learning.
The people at MCI work diligently to focus on each student as an individual to ensure that every person grows academically, socially, and physically while becoming a global citizen.
Maine Central Institute Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+60 Students
- C+23 Students
- B21 Students
- B-20 Students
- B18 Students
- C+16 Students
- C+14 Students
- A+12 Students
- A+12 Students
- A+11 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Maine Central Institute Reviews
The main complaint I have about MCI is its lack of attention to education in areas related to trade jobs. In an area where interest in classes like woodworking, shop, and welding would be high, I am disappointed that MCI has so little opportunity on campus for students to learn in these areas and others like them. While I understand that MCI hopes to behave largely like a charter school and cater to college preparatory needs, we are in an area where this most definitely should not be the only focus.