Maine Central Institute is an independent college preparatory day and boarding school founded in 1866. In a safe and caring atmosphere, students will acquire knowledge, self-esteem, social responsibility, and the critical thinking and communication skills necessary for global citizenship and lifelong learning.
The people at MCI work diligently to focus on each student as an individual to ensure that every person grows academically, socially, and physically while becoming a global citizen.
Maine Central Institute Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B74 Students
- C+32 Students
- B-29 Students
- B26 Students
- A+22 Students
- C22 Students
- C+22 Students
- C+17 Students
- A+15 Students
- A+14 Students
Beginning as early as grade 11, MCI students can take blended-learning courses to prepare for flight instruction in preparation of receiving their private pilot license. MCI's Aviation Program covers many aspects of aviation for students interested in actual flight training or aeronautical engineering after graduation.
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses