Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Mahtomedi Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Mahtomedi, MN. It has 1,176 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 68% of students are at least proficient in math and 75% in reading.
Mahtomedi Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A226 Students
- A+127 Students
- A97 Students
- B+76 Students
- A55 Students
- A54 Students
- A49 Students
- B48 Students
- B46 Students
- B43 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.27 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.29 responses
Schools like Mahtomedi Senior High School
- A-Stillwater Area High School
- Stillwater Area Public Schools, MN
- 453 reviews
- A+East Ridge High School
- South Washington County School District, MN
- 373 reviews
- A-Hudson High School
- Hudson School District, WI
- 263 reviews
- A+Mounds View Senior High School
- Mounds View Public School District, MN
- 334 reviews
Mahtomedi Senior High School Reviews
Overall, the staff and students are easily able to connect, and the teachers are all very kind. In some basic subjects, the teachers are not of the best quality. However, in higher classes, the teachers are of exceptional quality. Diversity-wise, there is a heavy concentration of white students. There are few resources for BIPOC students, such as clubs, assemblies, or class material, that covers race and its prevalence in society. There are decent resources for LGBTQIA+ students, such as clubs and historical context. Assemblies often address mental health, and there are school counselors. Overall, it's a mainly rich, white school, but it's education is above-standard and I have hopes it will begin to become a safe space for non-white, non-cis, LGBTQIA+ students based on the administration.
The sports are great, the school spirit is pretty strong, many excellent teachers, several great administrators. However, the school is very cliquey. Lots and lots of drugs, lots of vaping, smoking. Most smart kids are considered nerds, are not popular, and not publicly celebrated by the school. School's focus is mostly on sports. Very little career exploration activities, could do a lot more to involve very well-rounded and willing community. PSEO students are punished by not having their grades counted towards the honor roll and generally not being in the know for anything in the school. A few AP classes, some very good prep for the test, some average. Difficult classes (e.g. AP) are barely weighted, PSEO is not weighted at all. The school firmly believes that a 4.0 GPA with remedial classes is equal to a 4.0 with all AP classes. It is however nice that it is a small school where you can speak to teachers and administrators without jumping through too many hoops.
Mahtomedi High School is an awesome school. I've been in multiple sports and activities through my 4 years and have made great friends. I feel prepared to begin college. Something that I would change would be to have more trade/shop/life classes, such as welding and woodworking.