Mahopac High School is a highly rated, public school located in Mahopac, NY. It has 1,500 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 96% of students are at least proficient in math and 97% in reading.
Mahopac High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-140 Students
- B128 Students
- A-120 Students
- A+109 Students
- A101 Students
- A-100 Students
- A+75 Students
- B73 Students
- B+72 Students
- A-71 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.26 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.26 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 77 responsesReport
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.43 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.44 responses
Schools like Mahopac High School
- ALakeland High School
- Lakeland Central School District, NY
- PK, 9-12
- 172 reviews
- A-North Salem Middle/High School
- North Salem Central School District, NY
- 75 reviews
- ABrewster High School
- Brewster Central School District, NY
- 182 reviews
- A-Putnam Valley High School
- Putnam Valley Central School District, NY
- 111 reviews
Mahopac High School Reviews
Mahopac High School is a great place to prepare your teenager for college. there are many sports and activities to get your children involved in and to build their resume. Teachers are somewhat underpaid in comparison to surrounding school districts, though well above the national and state averages. In recent years there has been a lot of turn-over in school administrative positions. NY State mandates have also made teaching in our schools ever-changing. The high school has recently updated some of its facilities. The sporting facilities are pretty good, though we do not have a pool and must use a neighboring town for swim team. There is a new lounge for high school seniors, and the food choices are pretty decent for cafeteria food. They include hot entrees each day, as well as pizza, sandwiches and a salad bar!
I'm currently a junior at Mahopac High School, and I think the school has done a good job in providing me with a good education and many options/opportunities. The teachers I have had were supportive and overall did a great job in helping me in my academic success. I have been surrounded by wonderful people, students and staff alike, and have enjoyed my years attending Mahopac High School. But, one thing I really want is increases diversity. The school is predominantly white and has a very small percentage of minority groups. I think having a larger group of minorities would make the atmosphere feel more inclusive. As a Korean American myself, there definitely have been times where I have been discriminated against or have felt out of place. But other than that, I can say that I am satisfied with the high school experience I have had thus far.
This school is great! Most teachers are fun and engaging, the cafeteria food defies all stereotypes as it is ranges from health to yummy. Has a salad bar and pizza section open everyday along with bagels in the fridge and chips and ice cream to the side as well as an ever changing food of the day. Sports are both engaging and tiresome as coaches have access to an in school gym equipped with everything from treadmills to weights. Academically this school offers everything including classes in forensics, computer programming classes, astronomy, fashion classes, AP and honors in all aspects, ect. However the school is not very racially diverse, and most families are living more than well off, meaning most kids who attend this school dont have a realistic view on the world and its financial aspects.