Mahomet-Seymour High School Reviews

The education and teachers are great, and the majority of the students want to be at school to learn.
It can become very stressful because you’re expected to have high grades in difficult classes. You’re also expected to do multiple extracurriculars and all that can become a lot. They do prepare you for the future though and want you to succeed.
My favorite thing about Mahomet-Seymour High School is the all the options of clubs and sports. It is very easy to get involved in something you enjoy doing. I thing I did not like about the school is when it comes to college and scholarships, you are basically alone. The guidance counselors are not helpful and you have to do the research yourself.
Start Your Review of Mahomet-Seymour High School
I love my highschool because I feel that I am receiving an amazing education, while also enjoy the social aspects offered. The courses offered at MSHS vary in difficulty, so it is very easy to find classes that are the right fit for you. Further, from sports to theatre, there is a program for everyone to join. I feel that most students have a place where they fit in.
If I had to sum up my experience at Mahomet-Seymour High School in one word it would be outstanding. Mahomet has some of the best teachers in the area, they truly care for each and everyone of their students. Mahomet is a very competitive school academic wise and students strive to do their best in the classroom. The school continues to evolve with the times and provide the students with the best resources possible.
Mahomet Seymour High School has been a wonderful experience for me. Ever since I took my first steps into the school for freshman orientation, I felt very welcome. Teachers are always on your side and will always push you to do your best. There is a lot of good pressure in school and this results in an academically competitive school that well prepares you for college.
Great education and teachers care. Small community with wonderful families and involved parents and community.
I wish that the school included more options for lunches. We recently switched companies and now our lunch options are very bland and not diverse. The teachers are very involved and helpful, but I wish that we had more clubs and activities for upper class man. I also wish that my school was more diverse. People often say that growing up in Mahomet is like growing up in a bubble because there is not much that happens. Everyday seems to be the same and you encounter the same type of people, which is why our diversity is rated so poorly. Then, our college readiness level is superb. Our teachers devote a majority of their time in class to preparing us for college and I look forward to see if it pays off in the future. Lastly our administration is average. They are average because they do not do anything to make them poor, but they also do not go above and beyond to help better our school district.
I liked how well I have been taught so far throughout my high school career. All teachers here care about the well being of their students and want everyone to succeed in and out of school. They try to connect on a personal level which makes school in general more comfortable to strive in. It's comforting knowing that all my teachers that I have and have had truly care about me and want me to be the best I can be. The atmosphere here is very positive & the competitiveness academically challenges me and my peers to work hard and achieve great accomplishments. I truly have enjoyed my experience here at Mahomet-Seymour High School and am so grateful that I got the chance to attend school here.
Great school to grow up in. The town respects people of the arts, which is very uncommon buta great feature. Mahomet is not very diverse but kind to all races.
Very high test scores, awesome teachers, great benefits, and an even better community. If you're wanting an education that gives you more than grades and test scores, this is where you have to go!
Great teachers who work well to have the kids succeed. Great activities and programs for kids to be involved with. Social interaction is tricky because it’s a small town. Great place to raise a family. Community comes together for events and celebration.
My experience at MSHS was really good. My teachers, most of them at least, were really supportive in everything that I did. I took a lot of AP classes and dual credit classes which I'm sure prepared me well for college.
Great school but there was a huge emphasis on ACT and SAT felt in all of the classes and could be overwhelming at times. Which is not necessarily a bad thing.
Mahomet-Seymour is an excellent school academic wise. They aren't very diverse, but they have so many different clubs and sports available to students. The teachers are all wonderful, and you can tell that they truly care about their students. All teachers want to help students be the best that they can be and value that. I feel like the school is always working hard to improve, whether it's the cafeteria food, class structure, teaching style, or the building itself. Mahomet is a very safe and caring community and the school reflects that. The students push themselves to be the best that they can be. No one is scared to go to school and the teachers make every day fun!
Mahomet has been an awesome experience because the teaching is second to none, but even better is the small town feel! Everyone knows everyone and I’m able to grow relationships with many of those around me. It makes the learning atmosphere around me so much more comfortable and fun!
I loved all of the extracurriculars they offered! They also over prepare you for college so the transition, academic wise, wasn't hard for me.
Start Your Review of Mahomet-Seymour High School
I loved the community. In my 4 years, we lost 3 students, and the resilience and support shown by the community was nothing less of inspiring. There are some downfalls in Mahomet (the biggest to me being the lack of diversity), but overall the people that are in that town and that school are committed to the greater good.
Mahomet is a very good place to go to school. They also helped prepare you a lot for your future. The teachers and administration are great people and help you in many ways.
Attending Mahomet-Seymour High School was all that I expected it to be. It took me a few years to feel comfortable and settle in, but staff and students made things better for me.