Mahomet-Seymour High School is a top rated, public school located in Mahomet, IL. It has 919 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 69% of students are at least proficient in math and 68% in reading.
Mahomet-Seymour High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+185 Students
- B+135 Students
- B-106 Students
- B+52 Students
- B-49 Students
- A+42 Students
- B41 Students
- A-38 Students
- A+35 Students
- A-32 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Schools like Mahomet-Seymour High School
- AMonticello High School
- Monticello Community Unit School District No. 25, IL
- 82 reviews
- BUnity High School
- Tolono Community Unit School District No. 7, IL
- 107 reviews
- BFisher Junior/Senior High School
- Fisher Community Unit School District No. 1, IL
- 36 reviews
- ACentral High School
- Champaign Community Unit School District No. 4, IL
- 65 reviews
Mahomet-Seymour High School Reviews
Mahomet-Seymour is an excellent school academic wise. They aren't very diverse, but they have so many different clubs and sports available to students. The teachers are all wonderful, and you can tell that they truly care about their students. All teachers want to help students be the best that they can be and value that. I feel like the school is always working hard to improve, whether it's the cafeteria food, class structure, teaching style, or the building itself. Mahomet is a very safe and caring community and the school reflects that. The students push themselves to be the best that they can be. No one is scared to go to school and the teachers make every day fun!
I wish that the school included more options for lunches. We recently switched companies and now our lunch options are very bland and not diverse. The teachers are very involved and helpful, but I wish that we had more clubs and activities for upper class man. I also wish that my school was more diverse. People often say that growing up in Mahomet is like growing up in a bubble because there is not much that happens. Everyday seems to be the same and you encounter the same type of people, which is why our diversity is rated so poorly. Then, our college readiness level is superb. Our teachers devote a majority of their time in class to preparing us for college and I look forward to see if it pays off in the future. Lastly our administration is average. They are average because they do not do anything to make them poor, but they also do not go above and beyond to help better our school district.
Mahomet has been an awesome experience because the teaching is second to none, but even better is the small town feel! Everyone knows everyone and I’m able to grow relationships with many of those around me. It makes the learning atmosphere around me so much more comfortable and fun!